Your CS allies will raze enemy cities given a chance.

LoneDragon

Warlord
I just saw this happen for the first time. Usually CSs aren't that aggressive.

CS always raze other cities, I hope all CS capitals can't be razed

Yes. CS raze cities if they conquer them. That's because they can't have more than one city. I believe the exception is when they conquer a capital, because those can't be razed.

Yes. CS raze cities if they conquer them. That's because they can't have more than one city. I believe the exception is when they conquer a capital, because those can't be razed.
That's not strictly true because Barbarians can raze capitals. I honestly have never seen a CS conquer a capital though, so I'm curious if anyone has seen whether the capital survives the experience or not.

I have seen City-States raze other city-states. It can happen. Civs can raze them too.

Major Civ's capitals are the only Capitals that cannot be razed.

That's not strictly true because Barbarians can raze capitals. I honestly have never seen a CS conquer a capital though, so I'm curious if anyone has seen whether the capital survives the experience or not.

City states not razing capitals is hearsay, I haven't seen it myself.

I suspect City States, like Barbarians, are prevented from capturing major civ capitals.

The auto-raze by City States makes them far more dangerous than major civs. Even if you don't recapture it yourself, major civs will often lose your city back to you due to Loyalty issues. There's no recovery if a City State launches an unexpected attack when your army is off fighting on another front.

City states not razing capitals is hearsay, I haven't seen it myself.
City-states can't even take major civ capitals.

One game AI Gorgo attacked Brussels but was unable to take it. Gorgo being Gorgo, she couldn't make peace with it. Eventually Brussels razed all the Greek cities except Sparta. Sparta was reserved for a special kind of hell, perpetual siege. Brussels had the city totally surrounded, 3 units deep with melee at the front. City HP was 0. All tiles were pillaged. And yet Sparta lingered till the game ended because Brussels was incapable of taking capitals and its units prevented anyone else from getting close enough to try.

One game AI Gorgo attacked Brussels but was unable to take it. Gorgo being Gorgo, she couldn't make peace with it. Eventually Brussels razed all the Greek cities except Sparta. Sparta was reserved for a special kind of hell, perpetual siege. Brussels had the city totally surrounded, 3 units deep with melee at the front. City HP was 0. All tiles were pillaged. And yet Sparta lingered till the game ended because Brussels was incapable of taking capitals and its units prevented anyone else from getting close enough to try.

The Revenge of the City-State.

CS's can't own more than 1 city, and capitals can't be razed. There's been a few occasions where the CS was able to burn down all of a civ's city and reduce its capital to 0 health but can't do any further. Easiest capture for sure.

I do think CS's should be able to own more than 1 city though.

CS's can't own more than 1 city, and capitals can't be razed. There's been a few occasions where the CS was able to burn down all of a civ's city and reduce its capital to 0 health but can't do any further. Easiest capture for sure.

I do think CS's should be able to own more than 1 city though.

I loved that about Civ V.

Most of the time in Civ V, CS would raze cities it takes. But rarely, if it had enough happiness, it would keep them. So you could find CS with 2 or 3 cities.

Plus, CS couldn't raze capitals in Civ V so that was another way for CS to expand.

I'm pretty sure that early on in Civ VI under at least one patch, CS could raze major civ capitals - there were reports here. But as I understand it, that's not been possible for quite a while.

This is amazing and I wish I could see this in one of my games.

It was fun in CiV to facilitate the creation of my city states empire.

In Civ V, to avoid the warmonger penalty for taking the final city of a major civ, I would often manipulate my city states into delivering the coup de grace instead.

Top Bottom