Your current SMAC game

Terje

The Red Semi-Menace
Tell us about your current SMAC game here! (Settlement strategies, diplomatic situation, etc...)

I am currently playing as my fav faction; the Peacekeepers. The map I'm playing is the Huge Map Of Planet, and I'm at the large middle island, together with Miriam.

In my starting position, I was almost surrounded by fungus, so I felt I had to make some defensive units and remove some fungus before sending out my Colony pods.

Having built my third base, war broke out between myself and Miriam.
At first, it looked as if she was gonna beat me, as she had better weaponry than me, but as soon as I boosted my research to 80%, I turned the tide.
I clustered up lots of Impact Rovers and Impact Infantery in the one of my bases that lay closest to Miriam's territorry (only 2 squares from on of her bases...), and just lay in waiting there, blasting all of her units coming my way, with a minimum of casualties (this was at the narrowest point of the continent, so ther was no way that she could outflank me).
She finally learned her lesson, and made peace with me.

But only for so long. Perhaps twnety turns later, she attacked me again, and killed a few of my Formers. But during these 20 turns, I had been building my army, so I managed to throw back her attack, and after perhaps another ten turns of WWI style trench warfare, where she tried to rush my bases, while I just lay in there, striking back her every attack, until I thought I had weakened her enough, and decided to take the fight to her turf.

At this stage, I had engaged in a Pact with the Gaians, so I got some maps over the Believing territory, plus some techs.

Anyway, I drove my forces into Miriams territory, and conquered 5 of her bases in 8 turns. When she had 3 or four bases left, she begged me to spare her life, offering to serve me for life, and giving me all her techs (0 new) and all he renergy (0). I accepted her offer, thinking that it's always nice to have someone to lick your feet after a long day of hiking through the fungus. :D

Now, however, Yang (the bastard), who had landed on the easternmost continent (the one with the Mesa and the Monsoon Jungle), attacked my allies; the Spartans, the Believeres, the Gaians and the Morgans. After the Spartans begged me for support against the Hive, and I refused, the Spartans pronounced Vendetta upon me. Wise from past dealings of this kind, I agreed to joining in on the Gaian crusade to rid Planet of the Hive.

When I saved and exited last night, I was engaged in a air/sea struggle with the Hive. Yang had just killed off the Spartans (stupid people; if you are to have a survivalist society, the least you can do is make it actually survive...), and the Gaians were overrunning the University.

Is AC alone counts?
My SMAC doesn't work anymore :(.

How horrible! :sad:

Why not?

Ok story come later :). *reloads an old save*

Zakharov framed me for a probe team action against Deirdre, last night...
She was my closest ally, but this must have been a pretty heavy covert op., for after declaring vendetta on me, she wouldn't talk with me for 15-20 turns.
Oh well, I did at least get a chance to limit her growing power; it was hard to hold her ca. 100 mind worms away from the bases I conquered, but with lots of orbital insertions of Singularity Drop Squads, I rode it off. But it was a hard fight. She had just before pronouncing vendetta on me finished the Dream Twister, so her Worms had a 50% bonus in addition to her 30% planet bonus. But luckily, I had 40% planet bonus, and a nice little project that I can't remember the name of, but gives 50% to PSI defence. :)

I've taken most of her largets bases, now, and she finally got tired and asked for a treaty. I accepted, since I at this stage was at war with the Morgans, the University and the Hive as well.
A meteor storm killed off all my nessus mining things and the orbital defense pods, so I was afraid that Yang was gonna PB me for a while, but now my quasi nuclear defense is up and running again :nuke:

Top Bottom