Your district and resource priorities?

GT_OKEZ

Warlord
So there are different types of resources to acquire in Civ VI. Gold, Science, Culture, Faith, Production (cogs or hammers), and food but there is no district for food so I'm not going to include that in the question.

Basically you have these districts:
Campus : Science
Theater district: Culture
Commercial Hub: Gold
Holy Site: Faith
Industrial Hub: Production

What do you prioritize in most of your games?

Workers > Commercial Hub > Industrial Hub > Holy Site = Theater district = Campus > Food

Emcampment and Housing when you need it

Last edited:
Commercial+Industrial

Industrial gives what you need (production) and Commercial gives gold for support Plus everything else ... trade routes give you food and production that you can give to any city you want.

I think it depend on what victory you are going for:

Religious: Holy district, don't know about the rest.
Culture: Theater + Holy district (national parks), maybe campus at third due to computers and flight.
Military: Everything is really good here
Science: Industrial, trade, campus

Trade: Commerce hub + harbour

Naturally it depend on civ, map and many other things but the priority I have made above is what I think helps most directly towards a victory condition.

I'm beginning to see that commerical or harbor first followed by an industrial zone is pretty much the best way to go in every situation. I rush the holy site (even chop it out) if I'm a civ that heavily depends on religion (easier with Russia and free with Saladin - Arabia).

I now beeline Industrial zones, building Commercial zones on the way. Commercial zone in every city for the extra trade route. Trade route gets sent to cities with good Industrial zones for insane hammer bonus.

Each tech increases district costs (major design mistake IMO) so doing anything but a beeline slows progresses just like building too many cities in Civ 5 used to, except here the progress is hammers instead of science.

There's also the issue that district costs are locked the moment you place them. So you want to unlock them as early as possible and drop them in place before researching anything else to preserve the low cost. Deterring from the beeline will make them more expensive.

Top Bottom