Your Eden Cities

Brett Murrell

Chieftain
Having a great time playing Civ VI. I'm wondering what kind of city setups people are finding. The one I founded yesterday is insane.

3 Rice
1 Iron
2 Stone
3 different Luxuries
Mt Kilimanjaro sandwiching a valley where two spaces +5/+4 are available for both Campus and Holy Site. The Mt. Is adding two Food to every adjacent space.

Heaven!

Last edited:
Reactions: mnf
That one is pretty good, the best city I had was on a grass hill, surrounded by tennish grass hills on the ring, with a river running through it and a single mountain for all the mountain bonus goodness. And chichen itza citys where you dont chop any forests can be the nutter butter, but ussually come to late to matter.

Wow, I'd save those starting game seeds...

Yeah ive found that most starts range from "bad" to the bottom end of "medium bad", but without a restart button its to much of a hassle to exit and reload. It just kinda forces you to go sack some capitols early. I think that the game is still using CiV start generator, because I always get these heavy food starts it seems, which are pretty useless.

My current game is Arabia. I've got Mt. Everest right next door with a nice Holy Site spot nestled up against it. I've got 5 Wheat and 2 Fish for Food and a couple of Rivers for Housing and defense. Sadly, I only have 1 Gypsum for luxuries, and it's painfully low on hills. But I settled my second city on the other side of Mt. Everest with a lot more hills, 3 luxuries, and a couple of nice little valleys for a Holy Site and Campus.:goodjob:

That's a nice city, although it would have been even better if Mt. Kilimanjaro was one tile off to the east. You lose +1 Faith on your Holy Site, but your Campus would not take away one Kilimanjaro tile, and the grassland hill that will form another triangle with your rice farm will get +2 food from Kilimanjaro. (And that resource at the bottom of the screen would also get +2 food.) But well, that would be asking too much. :D

Add the rice farm on the east, making farms all along the river, and all those hills...this is going to be a super city!

Kilimajaro seems to add +2 to everything, including the Holy Site/Campus adjacency bonuses, as each of those valley spaces get +5/+4 rather than simply +3/+2 respectively.

Oh right! Kilimajaro appears "as a Mountain" so it satisfies the adjacency bonus rules for the Campus as well!

Haven't played enough games yet to see but I am wondering how much 1 city will drive your empire. In Civ V the capital was easily 50%+ of your empire on a traditional game. With the ability to go wide in VI I am thinking it won't be as critical to have that amazing starting spot for your capital.

I rolled this as Cleopatra the other night. The tooltip is concealing the Horses to the East. (Note this settle is after moving two tiles to this location, from the hill to the north.)

No Iron, but there was some a bit to the northeast.

This location, along with the map seed and save file, is being discussed here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/help-me-not-ruin-this-cleopatra-start.602279/#post-14531059

cleo rivers settle.png

Top Bottom