Your fav map setting?

What is it and why?

I'm fond of the Fractal maps since they seem balanced continent wise, always different and interesting. After that I'd have to say Terra and Pangaea but on the Terra map I tend to attack my neighbors before they can even settle the new world.

Terra. I love exploring and conquering the New World, but I also like continental wars.

Continents. Navy and army together!

Fractal. Now if only I could get it to only generate those 10% maps I find most interesting. I once got a giant continent in the shape of a spiral, and I've never gotten anything that awesome since.

EDIT: I also like the Archipelago, with Snaky Continents, and Low to Medium Sea Level.

If there were only some mapscript that could give me the best of both.

I love getting a Pangaea with a big interior sea, makes it interesting.

Pangea with aggressive AI. Load up with people like Monty, Boudica, and Alexander. Who cares about tech lets get some wars rolling!

Perfect World for the balance. Fractal for just plain fun.
If I want to noodle around with a navy, I use a continents or terra type map.

I didn't even try Fractal. And, how does Fractal work?

Inland sea is definitely interesting. I am beginning to like it alot - the coasts are near the middle....If I can get a big naval battle going it would be neat - you could do both army & navy assaults on any neighboring civ.

Fractal, Terra, Pangea & Continents all are agreeable to me. Inland sea just is more interesting.

I didn't even try Fractal. And, how does Fractal work?

Probably my favorite of the "standard" maps. There are various blobs of land, like continents/pangaea, but you don't know what they're like. You may have multiple blobs connected by a small chokepoint, or continents in reach by galleys, or several smaller continents separated out in the ocean. (isolated starts can happen) Once I had a fractal map like a long string of sausages, one after the other in a large C with chokepoints separating them. :lol:

Great Plains can be fun, especially if I just want to war from one side to the other. My only Inland Sea game was very enjoyable. Tectonics is the one I've been having the most fun with recently.

Probably my favorite of the "standard" maps. There are various blobs of land, like continents/pangaea, but you don't know what they're like. You may have multiple blobs connected by a small chokepoint, or continents in reach by galleys, or several smaller continents separated out in the ocean. (isolated starts can happen) Once I had a fractal map like a long string of sausages, one after the other in a large C with chokepoints separating them. :lol:

Well here's a few spoiler screenshots:

I'm currently playing one, it's fun (I'm France)

I quit this game because I wasn't having fun anymore (I was on top) but the map was brilliant.

Although I admit it, I should be playing a more difficult setting than Noble.

I wish I could get a map like that.:cry:

Umm... not sure if it came with the BUG Mod or BtS, but there is a map setting is somewhat similar to the one pictured last (Big and Small it is called)

I wish there was a way to generate a particular map you really and truly liked but wanted to play with different settings/civs, like Imperialism 2.

Pangaea is the only map I play. Keeps me on my toes with Alexander and Isabella surrounding me.

I like Pangaea and continents. But, i must say im reluctant to try other map types simply because of time investment, and then finding out its unplayable.

Top Bottom