Your favorite city states to ally with?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
inb4 everyone says Auckland

In my current game (as Pericles) I have been allied with Babylon the whole game, and for a playthrough like mine, Babylon is an incredible ally. They give +2 science to great writings, and +1 to artifacts and relics. Well, I've been spamming out Acropoles and books all game and I'm leading in science. I've never made a campus!

...Auckland is good too

It depends on the situation and the victory type I am pursuing. Babylon for example is very good for cultural civs.

No brainers:
Buenos Aires
Kumasi
Toronto
Stockholm

Best for Science:
Hong Kong

Best for Culture:
Antananarivo
Babylon
Kandy

Best for Religion:
Yerevan

Best for Military:
Kabul
Preslav

The ones I never care about:
Armagh
Bandar Brunei
Granada
Jerusalem
La Venta
Nan Mandol
Palenque

Auckland is game changing. Coastal cities actually become great if you have it and build fisheries.

Oh and Jerusalem's new bonus is powerful.

Copenhagen because of the strippers

Auckland is game changing. Coastal cities actually become great if you have it and build fisheries.

Oh and Jerusalem's new bonus is powerful.

Auckland is great but situational. On continents or pangea you hardly find that many good city spots with fresh water and coast. But if you play Indonesia on island plates...

Copenhagen because of the strippers

Hmm, I missed that when I visited. Perhaps I'll go back.

It depends on the situation and the victory type I am pursuing. Babylon for example is very good for cultural civs.

No brainers:
Buenos Aires
Kumasi
Toronto
Stockholm

Best for Science:
Hong Kong

Best for Culture:
Antananarivo
Babylon
Kandy

Best for Religion:
Yerevan

Best for Military:
Kabul
Preslav

The ones I never care about:
Armagh
Bandar Brunei
Granada
Jerusalem
La Venta
Nan Mandol
Palenque

La Venta is really good if you're religious or cultural, imo. Probably the second best religious CS after Yerevan, and the only one I"d bother with if I was non-religious

La Venta and Granada can be useful if you have a lot of empty marginal terrain and are pursuing a Cultural Victory. You can spam giant heads or alcazars for the Tourism.

Unfortunately I don't usually have much of a choice because the AI takes out about 80% of them in my games.

Top Bottom