1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite civ in this game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Iron59, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Iron59

Iron59 Chieftain

Just asking.

My personal favorite is Russia. I don't need to worry much about having a limited number of units needing a resource anymore.

2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Germany.
    It's a slam dunck Vielen Dank'a'schen.
    If only, cuz *THEIR* Panzer tank is almost mystical.
    Nein?

3. PEACE!

PEACE! Lord.Moldovian.Guy

it's all depending on what victory you want actually..

I use Nebuchanezzar for a space race
    Diplomacy wich Alexander
    Cultural with Ramsses
    Conquest with everyone else xD

4. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Oh yeah, PEACE! ??
    Fill in the blanks in that if you dare!.

5. Bluetooth

Bluetooth King

So far I've played only Greece, so I guess that's my favourite. Both the Hoplite and the Companion Cavalry are great and so are Alexander's traits.

6. Dralix

Dralix Killer of threads

I've always liked Babylon, for mainly nostalgic reasons.

7. Civsassin

Civsassin Immortal

China's UU, UB, and passive ability make it a great civ to play. The double attacks for the Chu-ko-nu is a killer, the plus four gold that the paper maker provides permits you to field a larger army, and the faster spawning of great generals makes it a great civ for warmongering, especially in the Renaissance.

8. AbbieRevo

AbbieRevo Non-Voting Delegate

I really like Iroquois, those Workshops could be the whole Civ and it'd still be one of the best in the game

9. azzaron

azzaron Chieftain

I think that the Chinese are by far the strongest civ. Their UA is very useful all game long. Their UB helps you get off to an extremely fast start, and gives you a huge financial boost when you need it the most. Their UU is fantastic and allows me to justify building archers instead of waiting for catapults... and it's extremely useful having archers early on :)

10. PEACE!

umm no... I said i won't participate... but as I understand.. u don't agree with my options? why..and please explain.

11. Isikien

Isikien WHOA

Alex.

Abuse patronage with your UA. Bribe every cs on the map, and you are guaranteed a victory regardless of size

Wu zetain as well is ridiculous. A cheap early mandatory building that gives a boost of gold, a crossbow unit that gives two shots in one turn, and her ua. Wu is mad powerful to play as.

These two badly need balancing

12. wurstburst

wurstburst Prince

Pre-patch, I was really liking Askia. Post-patch, I don't really have a favorite that fits my play style perfectly. I like to switch around among civs anyway, so maybe that's good.

I like China for the paper makers (the UA and UU are good, but don't get me excited about playing them).
    I like France for the extra culture
    I like Hiawatha for the extra production
    I like Siam for the CS food and wat
    I like Askia for the extra pillage gold and the mid-game culture (mud pyramid)

13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Naaa, just that your preferences seemed to indicate "good" knowledge of tricks in order to win in specific conditions - thus, why i bothered asking you to contribute to the survey.
    AFAIC... the rate at which i've been getting real proficient players lately is a HUGE deterent for me to ever work loooonnng coding hours to create Z-EraCorner MOD. I was aiming for at least 20-25 people (rapidly). I'll give it another month or two -- if it doesn't pickup pace, i'll just reconsider Modding for CiV (probably for awhile) & for the CFC slightly passive membership.

Kinda puts such project(s) into some weird but true perspective.

14. PEACE!

oh ok.. but I could explain why they are so good right now you know.. no need to complete no complicated survey..

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

FAVORITE and MOST POWERFUL are not the same thing. At least they shouldn't be. Powergamers drive me nuts.

I like Persia. Also, Egypt because I like making wonders.

If they ever add Carthage, I'll probably play Carthage. No reason other than it was who I used to be back in CivII.

16. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

I don't really have a favorite, I almost always play with random leaders now that I've won a game with each one at least once. china is usually a lot of fun but is really the most OP'd of then bunch since every bonus/benefit applies to the entire game (depending on how many ckn's you upgrade of course).