Your favorite civ to play as so far?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Libermmucist, Nov 11, 2016.

?

Vote for your favorite civ.

1. America

2. Arabia

3. Aztec

4. Brazil

5. China

6. Egypt

7. England

8. France

9. Germany

10. Greece (Gorgo)

11. Greece (Pericles)

12. India

13. Japan

14. Kongo

15. Norway

16. Rome

17. Russia

18. Scythia

19. Spain

20. Sumeria

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Libermmucist

Libermmucist Chieftain

I haven't quite made my mind up yet so I won't be voting for anyone, but I'm interested in seeing the community's choices :)

2. redwings1340

redwings1340 Emperor

England had a good mix of thematically appropriate bonuses and very powerful ones. I used a navy to colonize and take over the other continent, then used the vast hoards of money I got from these conquests to dominate the game. I've had some trouble using other civ abilities, but England's were really good and, at least on single player, play better than you'd expect them to.

PeterChu likes this.
  3. CaiusDrewart

CaiusDrewart King

Probably England, surprisingly enough. I like going super-wide and it's a good Civ for that. Plus I kind of enjoy the archaeological minigame. Managing all the trade routes can be a little bit annoying.

I'm tempted to say Rome and Germany, two more wide-oriented Civs, but both are so powerful that it doesn't really feel fun or fair to play them. Maybe if the game was harder.

PeterChu likes this.
  4. Japper007

Japper007 Prince

I like Sumeria, it has strong bonuses while not being as stupendously broken as Germany or Scythia. Plus, of course, Donkeys FTW!

5. jaegybomb

jaegybomb Chieftain

Rome always felt the most natural to me. I still lose half the time on deity so playing one of the OP 3 is fine for me :)

6. bladex

bladex Emperor

KONGO
    - no need to worry about religions
    - ngao are awesome early
    - ****loads of gold and food from artifacts later
    - can build mbanza in rainF +5 housing very early.

7. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Funny that you should mention. My favourite civilization is: not Kongo. For the reasons you mention. I don't think I'll ever play them. ;)

8. bladex

bladex Emperor

but if i'm kongo i never have to face them :smoke:

9. avl8

avl8 Prince

France has very interesting UA that makes games more fun from the get go. You understand Ais and can play their agendas to your advantage early.

Siptah likes this.
  10. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I have only played ~ half of the civs so far. While not the strongest, I liked Arabia most. You can do some different stuff and it feels fresher than switching from Germany to Rome or something like that. Also, the Mamluk is an awesome unit. I also never felt pushed to go for any victory type or style of play - it felt really open what to do (except early religion).

johnnybaseball likes this.
  11. AppleDumplingHead

AppleDumplingHead Emperor

Not enough votes for Gorgo.

12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Yes, this sounds great! I'm looking forward very much to my first game as France where I'll try to get a wonder spamming cultural victory while playing the diplomatic game as good as possible. Hopefully I don't face Brazil and China then ;-) But since I always play random everything, it might take a while until it happens.

13. unpossible251

unpossible251 Warlord

Its the district placing puzzle that I love. Maximising bonuses, considering the angles, the needs, the sacrifices... and the UA of japan, increasing the adjacency bonuses, that gets my vote. And then all the coastal combat bonuses mean when you have a tantrum, things burn real pretty.

14. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

I'm currently playing my 20th game of Civ VI so I'm about to have finished one game for each leader

As for who I've liked the most... I'm not sure if I can just mention one really, but I can narrow it down to a few:
    Brazil - Because nothing is quite as satisfying as getting +12 adjacency bonuses in the ancient era with Sacred Paths
    Germany - Similar absurd combos of Hansas and Commercial Hubs, leading to ludicrous amounts of production and gold
    Greece (either leader) - The extra wild card slot is just super comfortable and flexible to play with, really convenient
    Kongo - Going tall is still fun even in Civ VI, so being able to do so more than anyone else is quite nice
    Rome - The early culture boost and instant road creation between cities is both powerful and very practical
    Russia - Being able to utilize tundra for the first time ever is very refreshing, and building Lavras with Dance of the Aurora is very satisfying (though I hate how many great writers/artists/musicians you get relative to how few great works slots you have, hope they tweak the Lavra a bit in a future patch/mod)

15. greygamer

greygamer Feudal Lord

After 65 hours, I finally sat down and completed a couple of games Duel map (Kongo) and Tiny map (Egypt). About halfway through a Small map (Norway) and really loving this civ (pillaging coastal tiles and healing at sea is a powerful buff, especially given that harbours give a bonus trade route. This despite having a terrible start location (Tundra island with barely enough room for 4 cities) I took on the might of Rome and captured their cities with my longships :viking:

They play like Polynesia crossed with the Dutch from Civ V

16. Mudrac

Mudrac Orc Warchief

Brazil so far, pretty strong Civ for a peaceful playthrough. Minas Gerais are insanely strong considering the time they come at, no amenity problems, faster great people and crazy adjacency bonuses makes them my favourite so far.

17. MagicCuboid

MagicCuboid Chieftain

I really like Japan due to their flexibility when choosing where to place districts. The discounted Holy Sites, Theaters, and Encampments are just icing on the cake!

18. He-Who-Hunts

He-Who-Hunts 2nd Legionary Cohort

Enjoying Aztec because I like smaller empires and the 6 city amenity extension works well with that. Also love the eagle warriors earlier on, can usually get them up to +30 STR with the luxury bonus so they are very useful in the early game and cost no maintenance. Rush build districts is great for the those early commercial/industrial zones.

19. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

I still don't quite get Arabia's LUA. Do you have to spread your religion to other civs in order to benefit from it? If yes then that is redundant. And if not, then why would AI ever build it other than by a random chance?

20. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

The worship buildings of your religion cost 10% of their usual cost. This is true even for other civs if you spread it to them. However, you also gain science from spreading your religion to other civs from Arabia's UA. In either case, every city you own (and this only affects Arabia) with a worship building gets a passive +10% science/culture/faith boost