Your favorite difficulty and reasons

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by maltz, Jan 28, 2006.

1. rickmc

rickmc Chieftain

prince for experimentation
    monarch for score
    above monarch just keeps sending me back to prince for more tests

2. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

I'm still trying to beat Noble on Single Player, but always get crushed around 1950 AD. Always the same mistake: neglecting military and go for buildings :sad: . But still Noble is fun for me - challenging and on an even ground ! I really like playing MP too, I always play with a good friend on Noble as a team against the AI. Since we're winning almost every game, it's most likely we're moving up to Prince soon...

3. Ogrelord

Ogrelord Prince

Noble (standard random map) with the One City Challenge... it's harder than you think. If i can win the game with one city than imagine how good it would be with 5 cities.

4. Maestro_Innit

Maestro_Innit Warlord

Prince / Huge / Marathon :D

Although I'm now getting to the point when I'm ahead of the AI by a factor of 2 on points so I think I'll move to Monarch. Marathon's the only way to go though :cool:

5. Villein

Villein Doing Battle with Monarch

Ditto - I'm monarch all the way at the moment, winning 2/3 the time. Until i'm more consistent I won't be trying emporer just yet.

6. Shadzy19

Shadzy19 Warmonger

Im playing AW games right now and really enjoying that in monarch games , in a normal game i would go with emperor , ive had a few games on immortal where i played nearly perfect imho and still lost. Emperor opens up more strategy's to win and still gives a good challenge.

7. chewbaccad

chewbaccad Chieftain

I play Noble/Prince. I like the less regimented gameplay, meaning that I can see where the game leads me rather than having to go in with a plan. I've beaten Emperor, but it's too much "I have to execute Plan 304 perfectly" for the nice relaxing decompression game I like Civ to be... to each their own :crazyeye: