Your favorite game setup (single player)

kane65

Chieftain
What's everyone's favorite set up when starting a game. Right now I'm having fun playing with 22 civs on a dual-sized map. Talk about war mongering. You can grab a free worker or two from settlers wandering around without a place to settle. However, the other civs come to hate you pretty quickly so you need to build nothing but warriors until you are number 1 in military. I've managed to win this once on Prince but usually I get crushed. Dropping down a level makes for fun warfare. How about your favorite game?

I had a really fun time playing as England on an Archipelago with a low ocean level, abundant resources, and raging barbarians. The game turned into an island-hopping adventure where you would need to take at least 3 or 4 troops to settle new lands just to beat back the barbarian hordes. Islands were very plentiful and sizes varied from very rich subcontinents all the way down to 1-tile islands with 2-4 sea resources in range.

Because neither I nor the AI could move very quickly or safely for most of the game, the strategy was drawn out into an intricate cat-and-mouse war of slow advancement, surprise skirmishes, and the occasional invasion that took dozens of turns to plan and launch. The barbarians were nearly another civ by themselves, and remained relevant along with ruins for several hundred turns.

The sad thing is that bugs in the saved game kept me from pursuing it past turn 400, which is a shame because it was one of the most fun setups I've had.

Yes, I hadn't tried raging barbarians until last night. Makes the raging barbarians in CiIV look like wimps. It's a blast. I'm running low on money trying to keep troops stationed all over my area so there's no fog of war. England and the city-states aren't so smart and are getting tore up.

my fav in any civ game is huge contanets but in civ 5 I could only play large map with no endgame slowdown.

my fav in any civ game is huge contanets but in civ 5 I could only play large map with no endgame slowdown.

Yes, I have a dual monitor setup. Don't get jealous cause they are cheap ass monitors. Anyway, I browse the web while waiting for computers turn.

Top Bottom