Your Favorite Leader

Yeah. If they do that, though, they might have to rename the "Viking Empire" nation (which wasn't a nation anyway) to Sweden. Sweden can be used for both Gustavus and Ragnar, whereas "Viking" can be used only for Ragnar. "Scandinavia" is also an option, but considering that's more of a region than a country, Sweden is probably the better bet.

I know alot of mods have replaced the vikings with Sweden. But that always seemed unfair to the vikings. Were playing civilizations, not present day nations, or just one incarnation of a particular empire. Celts were never really a nation either, but they have a very distinct culture that seperates them, besides geopolitical lines. Thats also one of the reasons wolf took out Holy Rome. It was a empire but it was more of a conglomeration of several civilizations.

I actually think your scandinavian idea would be better. Even though the scandinavian countries have differences, as a whole their ways could be described as a scandinavian civ.

There is no need to morph the Vikings into some modern nation idea, as they did plenty enough by themselves to warrant remaining a civ. Besides, there are plenty of possible candidates to serve as a second or third leader. Just off the top of my head there's Leif Erickson, for example, who discovered North America in centuries before Christopher Columbus. There's also Rurik, the first ruler of "Russia" of note in recorded history, who along with his Viking followers had a formative effect on Russian culture.

Top Bottom