1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favorite starting policy

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by saamohod, Oct 17, 2019.

?

Yor favorite starting policy

1. Tradition

2. Progress

3. Authority

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

I'd like to point to this https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnU1fKwVtlpSjNZuwAKkYzw.

Martin is one of the best Civ 5 Vox Populi I ever saw and if you take the time to watch one of his playthrough he is a master preserving military units at Deity. From what i can understand at very high level military might is the only viable strategy to offset the massive AI bonuses.

2. Dimmy

Dimmy Chieftain

I always open tradition but very often then switch to full progress. Tradition is too strong at the start to be overlook.

3. LarryAR

LarryAR Chieftain

It’s almost a moot question. The game is ever changing & evolving. Depending on the year, I have played as peaceful as possible with Tradition or Progress. More recently I’ve been holding my own on Immortal with Authority.

4. saamohod

saamohod Prince

Currently watching his latest playthrough. His first policy choice was Authority by the way :)

5. psparky

psparky Prince

Progress suits my personality best (so I voted for that), but I probably choose Authority more often based on what I see around me.

The thing I love about this poll is that all three trees have such similar votes - a testament to G and everyone who gives feedback on balance. Great work guys :thumbsup:

6. saamohod

saamohod Prince

That's what I also wanted to mention.

7. Paramecium

Paramecium Prince

I am quite unsure what my favorit starting social policy is, in most cases I stick with the tree I first picked. The choice is in most cases depending what civilization I picked and what kind of gameplay plan I have. I have to say that Authority was more interesting before Pyramids got moved because it was possible and very rewarding if you could beeline to Pyramids and time it as the same time with Imperium, getting the boost for both your first settlers without stoping growing your capital.
    Now with the Pyramid rush it is most likely not possible anymore.