Your favortie UU

ULTIMATEGP

Blitzkrieg!!!
i know this has been asked before but what is your favortie UU?

Mine are the keshiks. No terrain movements penalties pwn. You can get to your target much faster.

I really like the Keshik as well, but I have been is situations where I could not get them produced quick enough because of Horse scarcity.

I like a lot of the UU's that come later in the game such as the Musketeer, RedCoat (and the one I think is most unbalancing), the Cossack. But, I don't like playing a game just to wait around 5,000 years for a great UU.

I like that the Keshik gets a First Strike as well as the movement bonus.

I think the Fast Worker is a great UU because it's period of usefulness if as long as the game. It just takes a special type of player to take full advantage of what might just be the most overpowered UU (if used to fullest potential).

I prefer the UU's that aid early warmongering, rampant pillaging (to fill the treasury coffers), the capture of rival workers, and the occasional city sack.

Cossack.

Cavalry is already the best unit in the game by far. And the cossack is even stronger. I'll have my Cossack war and kill 4 civs. I'll make 70 Cossacks and lose maybe 1.

egypt warchariots.
i insist the opinion that if two men with close playing skill play a multiplayer game,the one choosing egypt would have much more chance to win(provided horse available).

Haha, quechua for single player games. So cheap (expendable) and so very useful for early victories on high settings.

angelus512 said:
Recoats. Paint the world red with the blood of the infidel!!!!!! =p

well done youve senn the light

go on an invading spree ive lost 3 out 40 redcaots :goodjob:

preatorians.
Conquere 2 civs before 500AD and the world is yours. Redcoats come a little too late. The game is usualy decided by then anyway.

Redcoats and praetorians are especially efficient because they replace two units each; redcoats replace both riflemen and grenadiers (as they are more powerful than grenadiers against riflemen) while praetorians replace swordsmen and axemen. Having the need for fewer unit types simplifies (and speeds up) many campaigns, and it’s the reason why I consider those two UUs the best (although I haven’t played around with Cossacks or fast workers much, so I may change my mind).

Lord Olleus said:
preatorians.
Conquere 2 civs before 500AD and the world is yours. Redcoats come a little too late. The game is usualy decided by then anyway.
Hey, variation is fun.

With England, I will usually start off with an Axe rush and take one opponent--especially one with a holy city. I'll try to take out or at least weaken one other.

Then I tend to set back and indulge my builder tendencies until I get Redcoats. Then the fun really begins.

Cho-Ko-Nu's for their collaterall damage. They can be lethal city attackers.

Praetorians just make conquering that bit easier because they are so much more powerful then the average swordsman.

Camel Archers. They might not have much of an improvement on knights in terms of what they can do, but the fact that they require no resources has saved me in many a game as my fave Arabian civ.

I have a number of favorite UU's.

Redcoats are really powerful I find, and are more than a match for the era's current units. Riflemen will be beaten by these units, and, IIRC, good against the Cavalry units. I also find them good fun to play with.

I also like Cossacks. I agree with the above person that these are very over-powered, but they are good fun nontheless! :D

Finally, I like Preatorians. Very VERY powerful, and cool! :cool:

Bongo-Bongo said:
Cho-Ko-Nu's for their collaterall damage. They can be lethal city attackers.

Not a fan on Cho-Ko-Nus. They have collateral damage but they can't get city raider or barrage promotions. They can get city garrison instead. This is backwards. Also STR=6 is not all that impressive in the era of Longbows. I'll take Catapults with barrage and Macemen with city raider any day over Cho-Ko-Nus. A Cho-Ko-Nu is useful here and there for stack defense or city defense, but I don't find them useful for city attack.

angelus512 said:
Recoats. Paint the world red with the blood of the infidel!!!!!! =p

I find it extemely unfair that Grenadiers don't get their bonus against these unique "Riflemen". Then they'd at least have some kind of counter. But as it is, they pretty much dominate their era almost as badly as Praetorians dominate theirs.

Quechuas are my favorite. Right at the beginning is the most crucial time for any civ, so having a boost right from the word go is a huge huge advantage if you capitalise on it properly.

After quechuas, it has to be cossacks, preatorians and redcoats, in that order. All 3 are just stupidly overpowered, you can overrun at least 2 other civs before they go out of date. If you rush for cossacks quickly, you can have 3-4 hundred turns of them ruling the map.

Orion071 said:
I find it extemely unfair that Grenadiers don't get their bonus against these unique "Riflemen". Then they'd at least have some kind of counter.

They do get the bonus, but only when attacking.

The UU I LIKE most is the redcoat, being English.

However, Praets and Cossacks are, IMO, the best in terms of usefulness of the UUs.

Praetorian, by far. It is so over-powered and I love it.

Oh, and SoxSexSax, you'll need to shorten your signature, the limit is 5 lines at the size you're at now.

Top Bottom