1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite G&K Civ

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by FridoDiamond, May 19, 2012.

1. Hilton1

Hilton1 Chieftain

I'll probly play games in this order:
    1. Ethiopia
    2. Byzantine
    3. Austria
    4. Sweden

2. Babri

Babri Emperor

Its like saying that there is no problem if Genghis allies with CS or Alexander kills few CS instead of allying them. It is just like punching in your face. You'll loose the UA bonus if you build too many cities & your UAless + no early UU Ethopia will certainly get crushed by likes of Caesar or Attila.

Also India UA's bonus kicks in for settled cities once you have about 5-6 pop, so they aren't really restricted to expand without conquest unless you love to starve your people to death & simply build more cities despite of their miserable conditions. :mischief:

3. Cicero63

Cicero63 Warlord

Austria and the Byzantines

4. KillingMeSoftly

KillingMeSoftly Warlord

All of them are interesting in their own way and I'll surely play them all once or twice before going back to the older Civs. The ones that tickle my fancy the most are Austria, Byzantines, Ethiopia, and Netherlands.

5. oliver

oliver Chieftain

There should really be a poll on this but my fav is Austria I love there city state ability

6. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

I actually think people are ignoring that Ethiopia actually has an innate ability to conquer.

Consider this, on Immortal/Deity the AI tends to spam a ton more cities before you get the chance to get as many. If/when you decide to conquer AI you will retain the bonus for fighting a Civ with more cities.

So imagine that, a 20% boost in combat thats constant. And you can raze small cities/irrelevant cities to maintain that bonus.

I am already imagining the possibility of an Ethiopia rush in multiplayer. Most people use liberty in multiplayer, but tradition starts can actually be more powerful over time. So one can build an early rush army and take out a nearby capital as soon as someone settles their 2nd city.

7. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

Noice!

I had thought already about the warmongering capabilities of Ethiopia (especially on the higher levels, where the AI starts with an extra settler), but I hadn't thought that when starting next to Ethiopia, you actually don't want to take liberty!

8. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

It only applies to units, though, not cities.

9. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Combat bonus only vs units? Ah hmmm I will have to look at this. Can you give me a direct link/pic of the UA to speed up my look.

======

Well I see it on Arioch's well of souls so I trust that (still looking though). Well hmm seems like the developers thought of people like me who would try and use this for aggresive purposes haha.

10. Onacadarfi XXVI

Onacadarfi XXVI Douche-Duke

They all seem great.:)

11. OmegaKabob

OmegaKabob Le Just Derpin' Around ~

I think I'll like Austria, Ethiopia, Sweden... Hell, all of them! :D

12. elprofesor

elprofesor Pluri-editing poster

True, but once that you've managed to defeat your enemy's army, 70% of the conquest has already been done. Just don't forget to bring the siege weapons with you :p

13. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

It's from a recent video. I think the one with the annoying people. He goes through the menu and hovers over Sweden and Ethiopia. It's how we know what Sweden's ability is at all.

14. fuzzatron717

fuzzatron717 Holy Warrior

if i'm not mistaken i believe it was the ign video but i maybe wrong

15. That nerdy kid

That nerdy kid Vampire Slayer Slayer

I was excited for the netherlands, but when I found out how awful they are, I am now most excited for Carthage

16. Babri

Babri Emperor

Yes, take honour & remove them from the game before they have a chance to become strong. Ethopia's worst enemies would thus be Rome & Huns.

17. Mango Elephant

Mango Elephant Deity

1. Carthage
    2. Celts
    3. (tie) Byzantium, the Netherlands, and the Mayans
    5. (tie) Ethiopia and Sweden
    8. The Huns

18. Ianwill93

Ianwill93 Chieftain

Dont know if i can say i have a favorite yet, but i'll probably play Mayan, Byzantine, and Sweden most.
    I may try out Ethiopia eventually as well. I havent even played as half the current roster yet! :crazyeye:

19. Ianwill93

Ianwill93 Chieftain

Carthage as well! The Phoenicians history really interests me and their UA seems pretty tactical.

20. theguy8882

theguy8882 Warlord

1. Sweden
    2. Mayans
    3. Austrians
    4. Carthaginians
    5. Dutch
    6. Byzantines
    7. Ethiopians
    8. Huns
    9. Celts

Yeah I know i'll get crap for putting the celts last, but I hate the Iroquois and another civ with a bonus focused on trees makesthink they'll be situational. Also if the pictish warrior is a special warrior then I will lose all faith because a special warrior unit makes me sick.