1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favourite Govt.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by aimeeandbeatles, Apr 30, 2007.

?

What is your favourite govt.?

1. Anarchy

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  2. Communism

15 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Democracy

6 vote(s)
    7.6%
  4. Depotism

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  5. Monarchy

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. Republic

37 vote(s)
    46.8%
  7. Depends on the situation

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  8. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wgauld

wgauld Chieftain

Johnny Republic for me

2. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

I voted for Republic...though, it's not my favorite right after I switch out of Despotism (since there's more food, shields...etc, it messes up all of my painstakingly mapped out factories) that, not to mention the devastating (at least, it feels that way) effect it has on my economy due to unit costs...so I disband un-needed ones, and become even weaker in the AI's eye's...great fun, indeed. :rolleyes:

3. Turner

Turner Chieftain Retired Moderator

You should probably have more infrastructure up before switching. It might make it less painful.

Concentrate on more workers, and when you switch you can always add those workers to cities. So then you lose unit upkeep, as well as getting more food/shields/commerce from extra pop.

4. Sashie VII

Sashie VII Balance of Power

Which is why growth is very important in the early phase. Faster growth means faster worker production=more workers, as well as faster recovery from citizen loss from worker production=more producitivity from towns and cities, and more workers=shorter adjustment period via quicker infrastructure completion.

Which is why agricultural is very powerful.

5. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Republic -> Monarchy -> Communism -> Democracy, in this order.
    But because I play almost always a kind of AAW game, I choose Monarchy 70% and Republic 30%, so always Republic when I play for normal war (like, I'm not at war 80% of the time :p).

6. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

5 people have now voted for Monarchy. It looks like there are some more warmongers around.

7. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

I suspect at least a few of the 22 who've voted for Republic might consider themselves warmongers. :p

8. MAS

MAS Chieftain

Despite the WW, I would say republic is better for war than monarchy, only an "always war" game is the exception.

9. Sashie VII

I consider myself a warmongering builder. :p

10. Mesodius

Mesodius Warmonger

Communism is my favourite. Im at war too often to appreciate Republic.

11. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

But if you choose Republic, then you are not 100% warmonger. You have to choose Monarchy to be a true warmonger.

:dubious:

12. Sashie VII

Can't war without good infrastructure, which needs to be built :D

And intense warfare can help the building part, especially with few cities.. :mischief:

13. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

Ok, ok.

But I still think Monarchy is for 100% warmongers... :mischief:. And also, you can build Infrastructure in Monarchy. Monarchy is simply, better J/K. I think Infrastructure can be built in Monarchy just as good as Republic, because you don't get any shield bonuses in Republic.
    But you do get WW. And you pay more for troops. That is why Monarchy is better.

14. Sashie VII

Exactly, they play Always War :goodjob:

15. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

Yes, that is what I meant. But even if they don't play Always War, and they have Monarchy, then I'd classify that as 92% Warmonger. Republic= 70%. Communism = 88%. Fascism = 90%. Feudalism = 86%. Despotism = 90%.
    Yes, I made that up. :p

16. Aabraxan

Aabraxan Mid-level Micromanager

Be sure to let the Sid-level players know this, OK?

There you go, Aceman101. I've corrected your post. I'm sure this is what you meant to say. :D

17. Bismarkee

Bismarkee Chieftain

How come Fascism isn't an allowed choice?
    I'm constantly at war, and I could care less about the assimilation chance / xenophobia - I always slaughter the foreign populace of captured towns by rushing improvements (usually I even have captured workers join those cities, so I can build them up more after the populace is "force labored") only then do I let them grow, with my own people of course. My workers work faster... about the only downside I can see is that there is no commerce bonus, but I get plenty of units, and I can use plenty of military police, when those extra units aren't on the way to the front...

18. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

Who said it wasn't? (Edit) Ok, now I know what you mean - it's not on the poll. I think aimee might have forgot about that. Unless she really hated Fascism so much she didn't want to add it to the poll. :p

Sure. Although, I think it would be hard to find a sid level player. ;)

Just call me ace for short. ;) Ok, that is part of what I wanted to say. The other thing I wanted to say is High-loss-to-kill ratios make a Republic warmonger a 98% warmonger. And a Monarchy warmonger, of course, a 100% warmonger. There, is that a high enough percentage? ;)

19. Aceman101

Aceman101 Chieftain

You forgot about Democracy's shield bonus. ;)

20. Sashie VII

I think he means it wasn't on the poll choices :yup:

There's actually lots of sid level players around, Aceman. Take a look around the HOF, for instance. And IMO almost all the veteran Deity masters can beat sid too. :king: