1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your favourite land?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by MadScotsMan, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Which Land?

1. Pangea

21.8%
  2. Multiple Continents and Islands

46.2%
  3. Continents

32.1%
  1. Theryman

Theryman King

2. Vidar

Vidar Chieftain

I like to keep it random. Don't wanna know how the world looks like before I start exploring. :)

3. Diviner

Diviner Prince

oh, just played archi-80%. its really weird as the distribution of resources are so unbalanced. me got 2 horses and 1 iron on a 5 city island, but no luxury. no luxury on the nearby islands as well, but 1 more horses. ahh :)

4. Skibatized

Skibatized Chieftain

I spent 264 hours playing an archipeligo game on a huge map setting as russia :lol:

5. lucashp

lucashp Warlord

Continents, its realistic.

First you take over your continent and the civilizations on it. And then you either decide, Hmm, do i want a building/peaceful victory now? or do I want conquests/domination?

Then if your a warlike way, you either try to squeeze a tiny bit of cities on another continent or capture a few. and you work your way up on all of the continents.

6. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

I'm torn between continents and multiple continents and islands, but I voted for the latter. It's always interesting to have some small landmasses to invade. :D

7. Red Horse

Red Horse Second of Four

I prefer pangea since it suits my style of conquest/domination.
    I usually choose random though.

8. Tortosa

Tortosa The Big E

I pick random, but I wish there was more than two one-tile islands in panagea. All that wasted ocean space is next to worthless.

9. Bobv13

Bobv13 Chieftain

I like quick games and use tiny pangea.

10. Fanny Brice

Fanny Brice Prince

I generally select archipeligo with 60% water to get larger landmasses, several small islands, an civs scattered about the globe that are sometimes hard to meet until later in the game.

I've been selection random for the rest of the settings which makes for interesting maps but some of the harsher settings (dry, cold, and young age for example) tend to severly limit the AI.

11. Dishpan_Hans

Dishpan_Hans Chieftain

I usually select continents, 60% land mass. Island hopping gets old.

It seems like if you pick random, the computer automatically makes it pangea.

With pangeas your rivals usually outsettle you too fast.

12. Nergal

Nergal Prince

Sometimes its nice to have an archi game, so you can all piratey with a seafaring civ but I've change my play style so pangea rules. Nothing worse than steamrollering over the land and running out of people to kill.