Your favourite land?

Which Land?

• Total voters
I like to keep it random. Don't wanna know how the world looks like before I start exploring. :)

oh, just played archi-80%. its really weird as the distribution of resources are so unbalanced. me got 2 horses and 1 iron on a 5 city island, but no luxury. no luxury on the nearby islands as well, but 1 more horses. ahh :)

I agree, and mostly from the perspective speed. I like to keep my games under 8 hours of total play time. Maybe I should start a much different game and work on it in small bites. But that's where my addiction comes into play, pardon the pun. I become obsessed until the AI is begging, giving away all of gold and has been wiped off the map.

I spent 264 hours playing an archipeligo game on a huge map setting as russia :lol:

Continents, its realistic.

First you take over your continent and the civilizations on it. And then you either decide, Hmm, do i want a building/peaceful victory now? or do I want conquests/domination?

Then if your a warlike way, you either try to squeeze a tiny bit of cities on another continent or capture a few. and you work your way up on all of the continents.

I'm torn between continents and multiple continents and islands, but I voted for the latter. It's always interesting to have some small landmasses to invade. :D

I prefer pangea since it suits my style of conquest/domination.
I usually choose random though.

I pick random, but I wish there was more than two one-tile islands in panagea. All that wasted ocean space is next to worthless.

I generally select archipeligo with 60% water to get larger landmasses, several small islands, an civs scattered about the globe that are sometimes hard to meet until later in the game.

I've been selection random for the rest of the settings which makes for interesting maps but some of the harsher settings (dry, cold, and young age for example) tend to severly limit the AI.

I usually select continents, 60% land mass. Island hopping gets old.

It seems like if you pick random, the computer automatically makes it pangea.

With pangeas your rivals usually outsettle you too fast.

Sometimes its nice to have an archi game, so you can all piratey with a seafaring civ but I've change my play style so pangea rules. Nothing worse than steamrollering over the land and running out of people to kill.

Top Bottom