Your Favourite Petra Cities...

You know that place by the other place...
I thought I saw a thread for this before, but I can't find it. If there is, please have the mods merge this.

Anywho, I found this amazing spot for Petra in an MP game today...

Please note the THREE different types of City States specialty buildings!!! :p

Not to mention all the killer tiles around Kili!! :woohoo:

... and even Oil in the lake to the North :lol:

I've had some pretty awesome Petra cities with China using the Great Wall tile improvement.

Here are some more below with Uluru. The first is with Scythia and uses Kurgans to good effect...

The second is as India showing how useful Stepwells can be (water? we don't need no stinkin' water! :p ) ...

Next is Spain and surrounded by Missions, since these you can actually build right next to each other...

This last one is interesting for two reasons: first, because it has the pastures pantheon so the sheep get extra culture; and second because the crabs in the lake also get an extra boost! :lol: ....

... that's all for now folks! damn, where did I put that Porky Pig gif?

I keep screenshots of my favorite cities with maximal yields so here's some Petra Candy...I usually only build Petra cities with at least 16 desert hills.

Spoiler :

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, here are a couple more from MP during the past few days...

This first one didn't start out to be a Petra city but after I had built the Apadana and no one had built Petra, I went for it, and boy did it turn out to be a mega-city!!! It even has the Great Zimbabwe and Chicken Pizza for added yumminess :p

This next one isn't very productive but I like it because of the variety, including the Persian unique building, and because I had Lady of Reeds and Marshes Pantheon so the Oases are OP!!!! :)

this was almost my first ever game, in subsequent games i was dissapointed to discover it wasnt normal!!!

aussie.jpg

Yeah, those Outback stations are just so ridiculously OP that I stopped playing Australia because it was way too easy... and even better with Petra!!! :lol:

Yup, that wasnt even endgame, i think i had 14? yield from some tiles at the end which was crazy.

I dont know if all the dlc civs are crazy in their own way as havent played them yet.

While this certainly isn't the best petra city, it has the distinction of being a capital, so the AI for once had a good idea and made one heck of a capital for a very strong start. Well, until I took it of course, but Trajan was pretty out of whack until then. And look at all those amazing wonders (cept Cristo-- I built that) but the AI was very until wonders that game; it was the first game I've lost Colosseum (and it was just King)

Last edited:
Just had another wonderful(Pun totally intended) game on emperor with one of the best Petra cities I've seen yet.

Very nice, just wondering, how can that city have 42 housing with no fresh water or farms and with just one neighborhood?

Very nice, just wondering, how can that city have 42 housing with no fresh water or farms and with just one neighborhood?

You know the three great engineers that can boost housing? I had the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus and expended all of their charges in that city. Plus Angkor Wat which gives 1, Mohenjo-daro's fresh water housing and the New deal Economic Policy card which gives 4 housing. The district buildings and sewers gave the rest. Was planning to grow the city all the way but didn't have the time.

I'm working on a great one right now. I'm playing Australia and found quite a big hilly desert just next to where I spawned. Just a few turns to finish Petra, then I gotta get to Guilds and fill it with Outback Stations and then I'll post it.

I'm working on a great one right now. I'm playing Australia and found quite a big hilly desert just next to where I spawned. Just a few turns to finish Petra, then I gotta get to Guilds and fill it with Outback Stations and then I'll post it.

I've always thought that outback stations limited Petra city production because they dun synergize well with Ruhr Valley and the excess food is always bottlenecked by housing anway. Not to mention all food can come from internal trading as well..

Top Bottom