your favourite player

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by nishant1911, May 31, 2010.

?

who is your favourite player?

1. dirk1302

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. duckweed

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. obsolete

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. tmit

15 vote(s)
    16.9%
  5. madscientist

15 vote(s)
    16.9%
  6. kossin

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. shyuye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. the rook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. davemcw

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. multineer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. sisutil

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  12. unconquered sun

11 vote(s)
    12.4%
  13. ABigCivFan

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  14. Rusten

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  15. Oyzar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Jesusin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Jeffa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Snaaty

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  19. Silu and jfleme duo (siluleme)

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  20. r rolo1

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  21. Attacko

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  22. myself (post your name as comment)

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

I like the ones who post lots of games here, like kossin, silu, jfleme, sisutil neal...

But my vote goes to tmit since he also posts those awesome let's play civ videos. He also manages to speak 90% of the time, explaining interesting things and making it fun. I wouldn't know what to say all the time.

2. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

I like siluleme the most because they're fun and I have always liked the co-op idea.

And I also come from Finland so I understand what they say in the "Chat Box".
    There are some pretty good jokes there...

And couple swears, but hey, we all swear a lot while playing civ:lol:

3. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

I opted to vote for myself (um, the last option). I am vane but try to humble about it. :lol:

4. Shurdus

Shurdus Am I Napoleon?

Kossin, because of the people who are really showing their skills on a regular basis he is pretty much the best. There are quite a few other good players in that list but I do not see their games at all. Maybe if I dug really deep in the boards I would find them, but Kossing plays a lot, is brilliant, and therefore he gets my vote.

An honorary nod goes to TMIT because his pragmatism really opened my eyes to some of the options that players have. I always wanted to consider everything and then make a call, he just says 'oh well, let's do it' and he gets away with it on immortal. It really puts my petty concerns in perspective and he demonstrates that any plan can work. Also his games on youtube are brilliant.

5. Negator_UK

Negator_UK King

Voted for myself, it seemed the least creepy thing to do.....

6. tsohg

tsohg Chieftain

I voted TMIT because of his excellent Let's Play videos. He has also opened my eyes to the most fun way to win a game of Civ 4- the Kremlin-US-Nuclear Winter gambit! :crazyeye:

Love all of the furious vassals- the diplo demerit from nuking friends is laughable.
    Spoiler :

7. Deadlylamp

Deadlylamp Chieftain

My vote goes to TMIT, simply because of the retardedly awesome game in which he skirmisher "rushed" an AI that lasted up until 1000AD. He was horribly backwards in tech when he met the other, advanced continent, then proceeded to gain 1500 years of tech parity and win the game. Simply amazing.

Your live shows were the best!

8. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

I'm not voting for any one in particular, but I'd like to thank all of the players who take the time to post their games on the forums. It takes a lot of time and effort, and I sometimes feel like that's an under appreciated aspect of what they do for everyone here. Keep up the good work and the fun reads!

9. Ahovking

Ahovking Cyber Nations

i dont know lol

10. vicawoo

vicawoo Chieftain

I'd like to criticize all the players who post their games on the forums for trying to be modern day Prometheuses by bringing fire to the unwashed masses.

Titans are better off appearing mighty but never mixing with mere mortals.

Know what punishment awaits all of you

Suffer!

11. goodolarchie

goodolarchie Warlord

An online popularity contest? Whats next, world's tallest midget?

12. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

RNG decides a tiebreaker for the midget thing :p.

I'm quite happy that people enjoy my presence here despite my flaws :). At least some people :mischief:.

13. iggymnrr

iggymnrr Deity

@madscientist
    Don't worry about vanity! I picked you for your abillity to make the game entertaining. Vanity is a prerequisite!

But for lucid high level play:

Also, how can you not miss the visual game play of TMIT? But he missed my vote with his own explanation:

Sorry TMIT but I admitted to favoring entertainment value. It's okay to complain about game mechanics but those same complaints ...

14. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

You are correct and I apologize. Look for my lightening bolts from the heavens on your head arround 4 PM.

That's EST.

:D

15. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Well, given I'm on that list, i surely expect not to end like the original Prometheus :scared: Being tied to a rock and have my liver being eaten ad aeternun is not my idea of fun :p

16. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

ABCF, but now i'm thinking i should have gone for snaaty or rusten

17. Isikien

Isikien WHOA

Madscientest, for making the most entertaining series I've ever read. Mad, I want your children. If no-one has read them be sure to do it now.

Runners up include TMIT, who regularly crashes a thread, chucks the 'Civ textbook' at newbies spewing illogical fallacies about Civ mechanics, Phoenix Wright style and will rant hysterically in triplicate about the 'THINGS I REALLY HATE ABOUT CIV' in a on-off fashion. This pretty much makes him brilliantly entertaining. He also has excellent lets play vids.

The next runner up would be neal. King of the world was a great series, especially the sliders one.

Seriously, this is more of a topical thing. All time favourite however would still be Madscientest

18. Zx Zero Zx

Zx Zero Zx Deity

Attacko and DaveMcW give the best walk-throughs and advice, but TMIT is the most informative on actually learning how to play. ;)