1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first BNW game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Apr 12, 2013.

1. telekinetic136

telekinetic136 Chieftain

I will be playing Theodora on a Pangaea map. I want to open lots of trade with my neighbors while spreading my religion and being super popular with the city states with papal primacy which will give me a large number of delegates to have fun with in the world congress! I have always loved diplomacy and I found religion is a great way to make friends as well as denouncing the most hated civ that is hopefully far away from my cities.

2. Sake

Sake Warlord

My first G&K game was as Celts to get into religion. I guess i will play as Portugal, since they are good with trade routes and maybe try diplomatic victory. Difficulty will be king, even though i play emperor in G&K.

3. Squibbon

Squibbon Chieftain

Probably Sweden or Ethiopia. I want to use a tall turtle civ so I can get used to BNW without having to micro a large army.

4. IkM

IkM King

I'll probably try one of the new factions first. I hope they add one of my favourite factions (Khazars, Göktürks, Avars, Uyghurs, Timurids etc.)

for tourism, I may try Brazil but Portugal seems good too with it's carracks. and Assyrian siege tower looks good too.

anyway, looking forward to play this expansion.

5. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 King

My first BNW game:

1-East vs. West map

2- 9 BNW vs. 9 G&K civs ( ill be Sweden so i can see the BNW leader screens)

6. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

My first BNW game is probably going to be with Morocco (assuming they're in... if not then it'll be with Brazil). As for the rest of the settings, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

7. pedrosfm

pedrosfm Chieftain

Standard map size and speed, random landmass, prince difficulty.

Civ: Portugal
    Going for: trade and gold, cultural victory and religion spreading. Everything together should give me a serious boost in tourism. I want ridiculously cultural and touristic cities so everyone will have to change to my ideology! Mwahahahah!

8. bdporter

bdporter Emperor

I'm going to want to extensively try out the trade route system, so I will play my first game as Portugul, against 7 of the other new civs on a standard continents map, going for a culture victory.

9. meowschwitz

meowschwitz Warlord

Large , continents, 11 civs, 15 City-states. I'll be random and the other ten will be the new civs plus France. If they seriously redo another civil I'll add them in as well.

10. Liex

Liex King

Last time (G&K) I had everything planned, but as soon as the game loaded I got so thrilled that I just randomly picked one of the first leaders I saw. :)

11. Luckystrike77

Luckystrike77 Prince

My first game will of course be multiplayer in the NO QUITTERS Steam Group. Random nation, or a choose nation game if all agree. If I can choose a nation I'd like to test out Poland. They seem good for my kind of gameplay.

Most probable settings: Pangaea (or Hemispheres if 8 players), 6 or 8 players (all human), no ruins, deity or immortal (for strong City States), quick speed (or normal if all could agree on that for the first XP game), standard sea Level, normal barbs, normal ressources, normal amount of CS.

12. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

I'll try to play a reasonably peaceful game as Poland and go for a culture victory with Order as my ideology.

13. Hak

Hak Chieftain

I'm going to play as Brazil, Pangaea map with the 8 other new Civs. Pretty standard, I know, but it's the same thing I've done for G&K.

14. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

With the information we know so far, I'll be playing as Brazil, standard speed, standard size, continents.

Brazil has a late game UA and unit, which means I'll get a good base line of how the new early game plays for the average civ. Then I can concentrate on my tourism to try and get a slightly exaggerated sense of how it can affect other nations. That should let me know how the game plays for the average civ, and give me a good idea of what is exploitable and what isn't.

15. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Portugal. Fractal. Large. King. Standard. 14 civs and 14 city states.

Then its off to updating my Earth map.

16. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

For my first G&K game, I played as Boudicca on Arborea against Wu, Isabella, Theodora, Dido, Maria Theresa, Elizabeth and Catherine (my old computer could only handle Standard maps - plus I wanted an all-girl deathmatch :lol: )

BNW will most likely be a large map, probably Continents, as France vs. the 9 new Civs.

I might play as Indonesia, because they will definitely be in. Right, guys? *getting nervous now*

17. Green_Power

Green_Power Chieftain

Portugal.
    Continents.
    Large.
    Emperor.
    Standard.

There goes the weekend :D

18. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

Emperor is my go-to difficulty when testing out mechanics or strategies, so probably start there.

Depends on what other Civs are announced, but probably Zulu or Assyria first. If I'm not playing as Zulu, I will add into game since he is promised to be "the largest threat pre-gunpowder" I'm tempted to see what he can bring.

19. darkimpaler

darkimpaler Chieftain

I will try all the new civs 1-by-1.
    I can't resist trying new civs, is like a drug

20. Ikael

Ikael King

I will pick the new (and funnier) France, and play a cultural game like a boss in order to wipe out the taste of civ V's vainilla lame warmonger edition

AWWWW YEAAAAAH