1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

your first job

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by hossam, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Alpine Trooper

Alpine Trooper AllCiv

I was sitting in the top row at a movie theater.

2. Martacus

Martacus World's Greatest Warrior

My first job was delivering a local weekly paper when I was 8 or 9 years old.

3. Leonel

Leonel Breakfast Connoisseur

Are we talking your own car wash business that lasted for the summer or a real business?

I guess my first job in doing my own thing was a car wash business. Me and my friend put up fliers around the apartment buildings and my mom let us wash her car. We did the scrubbing and soaping part well but it wasn't until later we realized that we had to wash it down and the nearest source of water that wasn't under lock and key was on the other side of the apartment complex! :lol: So we tried pulling the hose as far as we could but we only got a fraction closer and tried to think of ways to wash the soap off. When we returned to the car, the soap had slid off or evaporated and we figured that was good enough.

Business wise, it was with Sodexho at my university cafeteria. Worked there for 3 years after I had my first overdrawn fee and it was a reliable stream of disposable income.