Your first "serious" game

aimeeandbeatles

watermelon
"Serious" meaning not a little kiddy game.

I think mine was Roller Coaster Tycoon. I used to crash the coasters on purpose. :lol:

*tries to think hard if he has any games he wouldn't let children play*

Well for non-kiddy, Civilization II, although I think I first played it in 1996! Maybe 1997. There are few games I have I wouldn't let kids play, and even then that'd mostly just be based off how easily I think they could figure out how to play it.

Shadows of the Empire. Also my second video game ever.

Dungeon Master for the Atari ST. I'm told this was probably my first video game ever, even before I played age appropriate games like Donald Duck Adventures or Mixed-Up Mother Goose.

Counter-Strike, probably, or Diablo II.

My first serious game on the PC was Age of Empires, which turned me into the civ player I am today :) It came on my families first PC we ever bought.

Have to be Lords of the Realm II I loved it, until my disk cracked in half

Civilization III, awesome!

Whoah...ok, gotta think way back. Probably Super Mario Bros. or Duck Hunt, neither of which fall into the kiddy category in my honest assessment.

I can't remember if I played Super Mario World before Super Mario Bros. though.

*tries to think hard if he has any games he wouldn't let children play*

Well, I mean not specifically for children. If both adults and kids can play it, that's not a kiddy game.

Well, I mean not specifically for children. If both adults and kids can play it, that's not a kiddy game.

I realised that, but I'd like a 10 year old play almost any of my games (though not on my computer :p and without any access to a mic) except maybe The Witcher or EUIII or games that are a bit beyond 10 year old intelligence levels.

If you mean games ou wouldn't let kids play due to content then for me it would be Doom and Wolfenstien. If you mean games that are beyond a childs understanding ummmm...........none?

Top Bottom