Your first stop in Team Cavaleiros!

This might be good to have stickied for new arrivals?

Well, I don't think everyone has really posted here anyway, but welcome to the new members!

Not everyone have posted here, but they should...

Not everyone have posted here, but they should...
Hi, I'm new here. Oyzar recruited me from NotW (link in my sig). So yeah, here's me.

My name's Ryan as everybody who has my MSN knows. I live in Phoenix Arizona, USA. Local time is 19:03. I'm 16 years old, a sophomore in high school. I run varsity track and varsity cross country. That pretty much takes up my entire life. 6 days a week, 48 weeks a year, I'm running. My track team is massive with 300+ athletes and we're by far the best team in the state. Nationally ranked as one of the ten best overall too :D Cross Country is by far preferred by me though, and we're best in our state at that but not nationally ranked :(..............yet

I'm a 4.0 student in all honors/AP classes. I just like throwing it out there :p

If anybody feels like IMing me, I'm ramman953@msn.com. I'll be mostly a lurker this game though at least for now. Maybe once a good number of turns have gone by and I'm more aware of what's happening I'll add some input. Don't listen to me though, I play noble most of the time but I can compete at Monarch. Notice that compete =/= win all the time ;)

Nice to have you on board CCRunner... hilarious sig :goodjob:

Ras

O! Hello there, Ryan, many times welcome :cowboy:

Well played in that NOTW, by the way...
Thanks, on both counts :) You're one of the reasons I decided to join this particular team since I know you from DIV and NotW. Look forward to working (well.... sort of since I won't be doing much but following along) with you again.

CALL ME DADDY!!!!

Yesterday (May 13) my second son (Kai) was born...

:woohoo::dance:[party]:beer::band::banana::cheers:

:pat:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I just recognized that we don't have any OFF-TOPIC thread...

I just recognized that we don't have any OFF-TOPIC thread...

This would be a nice reason to open one with a pic of your son... but congratulations to you and your family anyway! :goodjob:[party]:cheers:

Raskolnikov

Congratulations.

Congratulations indeed! And yeah, I agree with Ras, you should open an OT thread for this. :D

Oh my. It's been a month now that I promised the pics. I'll do it soon.

But I have another question:

As I mentioned when I joined the team, I am very inexperienced with Civ4 especially BTS and I want to learn more about the game. So I thought it would be nice to start a SP game for myself and post my plans and progress here in our team forum. Thus, the more experianced players could loo over my shoulder and comment on my moves.

Would that be ok?

I'd open a new thread for that purpose. And there I also would show some pics of my now one month old son ;)

Sure, I would respond at least.

Who are you really? Feel free to share any information you are comfortable with sharing, but don't feel like you have to. Things like how old you are, where you're from, what you do with your non-CIV life, etc.

Paul, 21 years old physics student from the Netherlands. Also Civ addict of course.

Why did you choose to join this MTDG game? What are your expectations?

Oyzar brought me in, surprise surprise! :p

How "good" do you consider yourself to be at this game?

Average Immortal level player. Still far from Deity level, though.

What previous experiences do you have? Multiplayer, pitboss, succession games, democracy games etc?

A lot of SG experience to bring to the table here... played several SG's with some of the other players in this team. Not much MP yet, though I intend to be playing more MP once I get a reliable Internet connection.

What is your "strong side"? Are you a good builder and MMer, or a ruthless warmonger, or maybe a shrewd diplomat?

I'm one of the most war-minded players out there, and pretty good at that as well - I can handle diplomacy or peacetime building. My MM sucks though. Also my victory condition is Conquest/Domination by default, so beware of that. ;)

Anything else that I missed that you think is important.

Nope. :p

[*] Who are you really? Feel free to share any information you are comfortable with sharing, but don't feel like you have to. Things like how old you are, where you're from, what you do with your non-CIV life, etc.
My real name, unsurprisingly, is not ZPVCSPLFUIFDPEF - that name comes from a crossword puzzle I solved some years ago. (If one of you is Will Shortz, please don't sue me. :hide:) Instead, my friends call me Sam. :)

I am a 20 year old maths student, currently enjoying my summer doing admin work in an office. :p
[*] Why did you choose to join this MTDG game? What are your expectations?
Eventually, I decided it would be less work to actually join, rather than keep saying no to oyzar. :mischief:
[*] How "good" do you consider yourself to be at this game?
I consider myself a near top-class player. My MM is good enough that I should win on Immortal, regardless of the strategy I choose, and I am in the game on Deity if I choose the right strategy. What I lack is the experience to choose the right strategy all the time.
[*] What previous experiences do you have? Multiplayer, pitboss, succession games, democracy games etc?
Multiplayer - I've played a few ladder CTONs, and not done too badly. Generally, the players there aren't great at MM and building, since they play with a Blazing turn timer, but they do seem to know how to get a 30-unit stack out of nowhere.

Pitboss - I'm currently in my first pitboss game, over at Realms Beyond. What's unique about this one (AFAIK) is that the players are keeping their own spoiler threads, for comments and for reading after the game is over.

Succession Games - I've played a good few of these. Currently, I play for Murky Waters in the Civ4 SGOTM.

DemoGames - no experience.
[*] What is your "strong side"? Are you a good builder and MMer, or a ruthless warmonger, or maybe a shrewd diplomat?

Stong side(s): MM, empire management. I also have an in-depth game knowledge, and can plan in detail. I can war competently, and thanks to my unusual thinking style, come up with unorthodox yet effective moves from time to time.

Weakness(es): Diplomacy. Hubris. Occasionally mistaking players for AIs and letting them steal my workers. :rolleyes:

[*] Anything else that I missed that you think is important
Upon opening any save, my first thought is "we need more workers" :lol:
Those of you whom I've talked to on MSN can back this up.

Top Bottom