Your games

ChristianII

Chieftain
Whenever i play i seemingly allways fall back to continents and either normal or large. I am not sure why. And i also keep playing the same civs. Is that weird? :king:

Do you have preferences? And what quirks do you have when starting a new game? :)

I always play as the English (elizibeth) as I'm english myself.

Can't bring myself to play as anyone else, it doesn't feel right to me.

I almost always play on huge maps, though I have played the odd game in other map sizes. I usually play as either the French or the Germans, but I've enjoyed most of the civs available except the Aztecs and Incans. No Tech Trading. No Time victory. Archipelago, Continents, Pangea, and Europe are my preferred maps of choice. Sometimes I pick the AI empires, but usually I prefer to set that to random. I almost always pick my empire, but maybe one game in five I'll randomize that as well. My habits come on more strongly in the way I play. I've only won by conquest once and domination once.

I like playing the "dead" civiliastions more than the current ones. Theres something seriously cool about using the Aztecs to wipe out america and russia. I always play on large or huge maps, but I vary the map type a lot.

I unwaveringly play Large or Huge Terra maps as I like the idea of playing on a map as close to a realistic Earth as possible. I suppose a Continents map could also serve that purpose, but I find that Terra produces more realistic Earth-like maps.

As for my empire, I almost always pick either Greek-Alexander or American-either for my Civ, although I have been known to occasionally choose French-Napoleon for my Civ. I choose Alexander or Napoleon b/c I really like thier traits, Agressive is my favorite, and then I like either Philosophical or Industrious as my second choice thus always bringing me back to those two leaders. I pick the American empire for obvious reasons, me being an American myself, and while I find the American leaders traits to be alright, I much prefer Alexanders or Napoleons trait combos for my playstyle. If I am feeling daring I will choose a random Civ for myself, although I don't really like doing this very much. As for the AI Civs I never choose them as I MUCH prefer the challenge of random opponents as it keeps me on my toes.

The only other quirks or prefrences I have when starting a new game is that difficulty be set to at least at Noble and the pace be Normal. The reason for this being I am still working my way through the learning curve as Civ4 is my first Civilization game. So I started off playing at Chieftan, and right now I am playing my games at Prince and am having some measure of success although I don't think I'm quite ready to move up to the next setting yet as there seems to be a fairly large progression in difficulty from step to step.

For me it's:

Large maps, Terra or sometimes Fractal. Cause i want a world with all kinds of places in it and like to play with colonial expansion.

10 civs, rather than 9. Because i just like an even number of fractions, for some reason.

I play either England, Russia or France, because i both like the traits and prefer to imagine the cities i build as something i know from real life. In SevoMod, there's a Polish civ which i enjoy a huge lot.

Maps: I tend to prefer continents or fractal maps. I like having a good-sized land mass for cities, and meeting (often conquering) other civs early on. I like a mix of warmongering and building, and I find that archipeligo maps have too much of the latter to keep my interest. At the other end of the scale, I don't usually play Pangaea because I like that little bit of mystery in the game--who else is out there?--that's only resovled much later on. And I enjoy racing after the circumnavigation bonus.

Leaders/Civs: I was playing almost exclusively as either Caesar or Elizabeth (and occassionally Washington and Catherine) for their traits and UUs, but I'm making an effort to try out all the other leaders. I never select opponents, but have yet to play with more than the standard 7.

Speed: I usually play normal speed. I've tried a couple of games on Marathon, but have never finished one; I find the mid-game drags on and on, and I just run out of patience.

I always alternate civs between games, but I usually play on either Terra or Continents maps.

I rarely play the same map settings or civ twice.

I usually will either play as Elizabeth or Caesar. Both civs are awesome.

As for maps, I prefer snaky islands Archipelageo, but I play Pangea and Great Plains as well. :)

I play as a random leader on a Standard Fractal map. Though I might try Fantasy eventually...

I don't play islands, or any maps where naval units would play much of a role. I think naval warfare is fairly lame, and having to transport units slows down the game. Since my computer "only" has 768M of RAM, I never play huge maps, and rarely play large maps. So I play small or standard maps, inland sea, lakes, or panagea.

I was addicted to Financial leaders, but I've branched out lately. I like Financial and Spiritual, but plan to explore Aggressive more.

I tend to alternate settings pretty wildly to keep the game fresh. I also find using varients fun (eg, no war before the modern age domination victoty), although at the moment I'm just playing a pitboss game (I'm waiting for Warlords :D).

Top Bottom