Your greatest gaming accomplishment!

Xanikk999

History junkie
Yeaah! I beat adramellech the wroth, an option boss in Final Fantasy XII, at ONLY LEVEL 30!

If i had a video for that it would be legendary.

I guess calling this an accomplishment makes me somewhat nerdy.

Came from a Civ2 multiplayer game with my friend.

The Setup
By this point in the game (1800's), we had fought many wars together, and were steadfast allies. I had control of all of Asia, whereas he had Europe. Between us was a weaker nation, and the north and south America's had their own civs. I can't recall what was happening in Africa. We were both planning for war into America, in which he would attack the east and I the west. It was to be the culmination of our glorious game.

The Premise
But...for the entire game he had been proudly mentioning his 'heroic war ship' which had helped win him at least one of his many wars. It was just a caravel, but he had 'officially retired it.' At this point it was a 'museum ship' stationed in the Mediterranean. Given the amount he was proudly talking about it, it had to go. I would have to launch a surprise attack of the highest order.

The Plan
Entering the modern age meant one thing - nukes. More to the point, nukes and submarines. And I didn't intend to just blast his caravel out of the water, I intended to make sure his entire empire was crippled. And so it took a couple of hours of slowly getting the techs and producing the forces I needed in order to attack. And at 4am in the morning, this only increased the tension - not only was a worried about if I could pull it off, but could I pull it off before one of us had to call it a night.

Moving the Pieces
More importantly, was maintaining a sense of being allies despite slowly moving subs towards his lands. I openly talked about my developments in the nuclear programme and humbly mentioned that I was unable to launch an attack into America as my military was too weak :evil:

The final part was the most tense, as I had to time the final moves just right to make sure I could give maximum damage, use the subs to attack his navy and do it without him noticing. He didn't. All I got on MSN was a quiet "what are you doing?" as I cancelled the alliance and all other friendship pacts. Then I launched the nukes.

Checkmate
The most delightful part of the whole operation was not that I utterly wiped out his main cities or his navies. It wasn't even the fantastic feeling of joy as that museum ship went up in the most satisfying nuclear explosion I have ever known in Civ, it's the fact that I can still mention it in conversation today and I'll get an angry reaction out of him. No guilt over breaking an honest alliance, just the fact that that damned 'museum ship' - the pinnacle of his civilizations history - was brought down by the greatest surprise attack I could ever have pulled off :D

Beating MGS and MGS 2 on Extreme mode.

Beating James Bond: Everything or Nothing, or during a Halo party being the key piece of an ambush of a full Warthog to win the game.

RTCW: Multiplayer demo map

Medic in the map room allies finally rolled over us the entire team was down in there and wiped out except for myself. Allies we busy healing themselves up and handing out amo. No respawn for another 2mins as its towards to end of the match and allies have a clear run to win the map

As I was hidding in the off section room where you can fire the mp40 through the grill window and was hidden from the allies.

I then went on the MOST INSANE reviving madness. I sprinted out into the main room and jumped onto my teammates revining one the allies suddenly start firing I get another two up and our position is still precarious as were heavily outnumbered. I dont even think of fighting as I have to run directly through the allies and get more of my team mates up. As the allies are bunched up they have trouble firing at me. I managed to revive all my teammates some several time and the allies are all taken down.

The clock ticks down and we win the map.

There's no one greatest achievement that I'd point to, but I have a number of fairly cool things I've accomplished over the years.

- Beating Contra (the original NES version) without dying.

- Ditto for Bionic Commando, Mega Man 2-6.

- Knocked out Mike Tyson in Punch Out (yes, I play a lot of retro games!)

- Completing Goldeneye 007 (N64) fully 100%, unlocking all of the game's cheats through completing the insanely difficult time trials.

- Beating Final Fantasy (the original game) with a solo black mage:

- Putting up this dandy of a score (higher than the official Twin Galaxies world record) in Tetris:

- Innumerable come-from-behind wins on high difficulty in Civ3/Civ4.

- Nearly 200 "AAA" perfect scores from the Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) games; here's one such example:

Some remaining goals include completing all levels in Super Mario World without dying (my best is 87 of the 96 exits finished) and breaking 700,000 as a high score in Tetris.

And yes, I realize that I spend too much time gaming. :lol:

I made a great mod for civ3. :)

Other than that i dunno. I play for fun.

But i'm sure there were some games, when i was a kid, that i played continously to have some great wonderous accomplishment.

Yeaah! I beat adramellech the wroth, an option boss in Final Fantasy XII, at ONLY LEVEL 30!

If i had a video for that it would be legendary.

I guess calling this an accomplishment makes me somewhat nerdy.

Its cool until you realize you can beat him at any level.......

How can you beat him at any level?

This is without the reverse spell.

Absorb lighting and hit him with ice spells, cant touch you, mayby not any leve becuase you dont have anything to absorb the lightning, but you can probably beat him around 15ish. An accomplishment no less, most peole never even finish the game, let alone ge the optional espers, kinda sucks that hes the only one that flies though.

Absorb lighting and hit him with ice spells, cant touch you, mayby not any leve becuase you dont have anything to absorb the lightning, but you can probably beat him around 15ish. An accomplishment no less, most peole never even finish the game, let alone ge the optional espers, kinda sucks that hes the only one that flies though.

Dude he still uses physical attacks, he doesnt actually use his lightning spells that much.

At level 15 he would kill you in one hit. Thats without all the shambling corpses around.

stay back dork, I just sat back and hit him with ice spells and used my espers as a distraction, he just cloberred all over those, granted I was level 25ish when I did it but he only hit me once or twice.

stay back dork,.
Logic dictates using an insult does not make your argument true automatically. ;)

I just sat back and hit him with ice spells and used my espers as a distraction, he just cloberred all over those, granted I was level 25ish when I did it but he only hit me once or twice

Your esper would die faster then you could heal him at that level, sorry. And i dont know why you would try to stay such a low lvl up to the point you get blizzara anyway.

Im usually level 35-40 by that time.

Logic dictates using an insult does not make your argument true automatically. ;)

Your esper would die faster then you could heal him at that level, sorry. And i dont know why you would try to stay such a low lvl up to the point you get blizzara anyway.

Im usually level 35-40 by that time.

Your taking this way to seriously dude....but if we must we must
The first statement you made is based on the false premise that your definition of logic has been universally agreed upon by both parties participating in the argument, since I dont have any guidelines to know exactly what you consider "logical" or not, I can only go by what I have witnessed. To quote myself,

"stay back dork"

The first two words, in english, roughly translate to "dont get ****ing close", in a more laman common dialect that translates to "Dont get ****ing close", the first statement was followed by a short yet effective playful jab which was unexpectadly and inadvertantly taken, as the great american poet Lance bass once said "up the ass...."(paraphrasing of course). Seeing as how my statement cannot be invalidated by the word "dork" being added, it still stands, as a general rule of thumb, what cant get near you cant hit, in most cases. Not being near something is synonymous with "dont get ****ing close", which brings us full cirlce back to our original point. If your not near the enemy he cannot hit you. I really dont understand how conecpts understood by most two years olds can immediatly be invalidated by the use a slight interjection at the end of them. My argument boils down to this, dude, you can beat him at level 15ish(paraphrasing of course), get over it, just be happy you even found him, most people playt he game for like ten hours then let the dust dubbies have there way with it anyway.

Your taking this way to seriously dude....but if we must we must
The first statement you made is based on the false premise that your definition of logic has been universally agreed upon by both parties participating in the argument, since I dont have any guidelines to know exactly what you consider "logical" or not, I can only go by what I have witnessed. To quote myself,

"stay back dork"

The first two words, in english, roughly translate to "dont get ****ing close", in a more laman common dialect that translates to "Dont get ****ing close", the first statement was followed by a short yet effective playful jab which was unexpectadly and inadvertantly taken, as the great american poet Lance bass once said "up the ass...."(paraphrasing of course). Seeing as how my statement cannot be invalidated by the word "dork" being added, it still stands, as a general rule of thumb, what cant get near you cant hit, in most cases. Not being near something is synonymous with "dont get ****ing close", which brings us full cirlce back to our original point. If your not near the enemy he cannot hit you. I really dont understand how conecpts understood by most two years olds can immediatly be invalidated by the use a slight interjection at the end of them. My argument boils down to this, dude, you can beat him at level 15ish(paraphrasing of course), get over it, just be happy you even found him, most people playt he game for like ten hours then let the dust dubbies have there way with it anyway.

And your telling me im taking this too seriously? :lol:

What do you think forums are for? Oh yeah DEBATING!

I agree he can be beaten at lvl 15, but only WITH reverse. And did you have reverse?

25 may be possible but thats about as low as it can be naturally. Il take your word for it but...

what cant get near you cant hit, in most cases.

You can run while casting spells unlike FFXI, but when you end the casting and unleash the spell you cant move. There is simply way your going to outrun him without him hitting you. And at lvl 15 thats a game ender.

And your telling me im taking this too seriously? :lol:

What do you think forums are for? Oh yeah DEBATING!

I agree he can be beaten at lvl 15, but only WITH reverse. And did you have reverse?

Listen, I come on these forums for recreationa nd kicks, the occasional debate is dun but no, I highyl doubt the first forum ever was invented for the sheer purpose of debating, look, you sound like youv beaten the game, blow throught it and keep a low level and find out for yourself, I am rite now, I'll get back to you with the results, but im pretty damn sure I know what im talking about.

Top Bottom