Your High Scores

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by KaiserKevin, Jul 15, 2011.

1. KaiserKevin

KaiserKevin Warlord

Well, I'm surprised I haven't seen this, and searching failed to bring something of the nature up, maybe I failed search but don't think so.

What are your highest scores currently?

My top 3 are;

8129: Darius; Highlands; Domination; Large; 378 turns

7491: Isabella; Great Plains; Domination; 235 turns

7212: Montezuma; Lakes; Large; Culture; 246 turns

These were on Prince difficulty, been trying to top 10,000 and was wondering if anyone has. Of my list I find my Izzy on Great Plains the most interesting, and was the most fun. Managed to find all but 1 of the wonders before the other civs, even wtih USA in the game, bought tons of settlers and colonized the wonders. My early culture win with Monty was fun as well, lots of bloodshed.

2. Vo01985

Vo01985 Warlord

47900 as Siam, emperor, duel, start modern era...some kind of weird bug.

8165: Montezuma; Lakes; Domination; Immortal; Standard; 413 turns

3. Bob_

Bob_ Warlord

14900: Alexander, Pangea, Tiny, Settler, Diplo, modern start, 30 Turns :D :D

4. KaiserKevin

KaiserKevin Warlord

Wow, I never do late starts but I guess you can rack up some serious points that way. 47900? I wonder if it calculated the score based as if you started on ancient era, so that if you beat a modern era game in 100 turns it would give you the score as if you had gotten all the tech, population in 500 bc or so using a normal start. Good to see breaking 10,000 is possible, I guess breaking 100,000 is the new goal.

5. RancheroGT

RancheroGT Chieftain

Never got much higher than about 4,000 points. I think it was with Washington, on a Pangea. Is the scoring system in Civ V different that Civ IV?

6. ImperialSteeze

ImperialSteeze Chieftain

3390 points, tech victory, Bismarck, Immortal, Pangea standard/standard.

3172 points, diplo victory, Genghis, Deity, Pangea, small/standard. But this game was pre-patch.

Edit: Had a higher score, 3423 points, cultural victory with Isabelle on Immortal.

7. vanjito

vanjito Warlord

Later starts offer better scores (due low number of turns?)

Spoiler :

8. HammerandSickle

HammerandSickle Warlord

@vanjito You sure like warmongering, don't you?

My highest score was my first game as Arabia/Diplomatic/Settler with a score of ~10000.
    Good days, good days.

9. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

This is exactly the reason why you've found no discussions on high scores - the way they're set up in CiV, they're meaningless.

10. KaiserKevin

KaiserKevin Warlord

Well if there are no threads or discussions of the matter prior to this, how would we know conclusively that that the scoring system in Civ V was broken 'meaningless' and not just the experience of one individual?

Anyway, can still work around it, comparing a score from 2 games with the same parameters (starting era, speed, map size, difficulty, etc) should yield who has made a better performance.

What I'd like to know, and doesn't seem to be the case is wither playing on higher difficulty yields a higher score than on lower.

11. torni

torni Chieftain

I wish there was a way to remove old high scores from the tables.

Since the newer patches the old scores aren't comparable.

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Lost track (;)), too many DB re-filing and resets... but IIRC, a Montezuma win in the NewWorld scenario racked up about 4175+ points which at the time felt like a great result given the circumstances.

13. Strategist83

Strategist83 King

I don't believe a higher difficulty level yields a higher score but I'm not 100% certain. The main score component - at least in former versions - was empire size, which has preciously little to do with how well you are performing. It simply meant (and means, I suspect) that Order empires or domination victors score better than other styles, such as cultural. You get a lot of points from #of cities and population and domination offers both. This is why you see only domination topping the chart on vanjito's screenshot (beyond the fact that domination allows you to win the fastest on late start settings, of course).