Your highest "Total Income" ever?

perplex

Chieftain
I just got 1842, with cost 617. that's profit of 1842-617=1225 per turn :)

do you guys remember your highest?

I don't remember the income amount, but I have maxed out my treasury at $32,000 before.

I got around 700 I think.. that's after tax.

@Zwelgje: Why not? Time?

I get tired of the micromanagment of really big empires and setting up trade routes and stuff like that.
Nowadays I play conquest at high level, usually emperor. I build about 30-40 small cities (size 2-3) and send waves of chariots around the world. ;) So I'm not bothered about how much money I make.

Sweet. I just love it how Civ is such a game that can be played like that. Either a flat-out war game or a epic empire building game. Or something else!

Yeah, I used to play Aztecs on Earth when I started and built everything I could in all of my cities.

Then I discovered the chariot.

*laughs*

So true, IC, so true.

Zwelgje said:
I get tired of the micromanagment of really big empires and setting up trade routes and stuff like that.
Nowadays I play conquest at high level, usually emperor. I build about 30-40 small cities (size 2-3) and send waves of chariots around the world. ;) So I'm not bothered about how much money I make.

but doesn't 30-40 cities take a lot of management too? or you ONLY create chariots? :)

Only chariots baby!

Well, I think 75% of the cities produce chariots and the others produce either sails or diplomats. When I have sails and chariots I just put tax at maximum and take capitals with the chariots (after destroying city walls with diplo's) and then buy the other cities with the diplo's.
It's a very effective method, I can tell you that. ;)

Of course the diplo's are heavily protected by the chariots when approaching a city, certainly at high levels their own defense is almost non-existant.

Why not catapults? Usually they are better siege units against cities as you don't have to bother getting rid of the city walls.

The only have 1 move while chariots have 2.
So chariots are much more versatile, together with diplo's which destroy the citywalls they're unbeatable.

I haven't build catapults in years, they're so useless. My cities are very near to eachother, are defended by one militia and at any time there are always a few chariots around. Just make sure the cities are connected by roads.

I hardly ever get invaded by the AI, by the time they are ready to invade they are invade by me. I always attack the closest neighbour first, civs that are further away won't bother to attack as I'm too far away.

Glah, I wage my wars via catapult zergs. They aren't useless at all! A catapult is a much better unit then a chariot anyday. The only thing chariot has got for it is it's movement.

but the 2 move versus 1 move makes a difference in certain situations as the chariot can just outrun the catapult

Why would you want to run away if you are attacking?

Meh. We should have a civnet game, perlex.. you only allowed to build chariots and I catapults. :)

Top Bottom