1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Horoscope Sign?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JJP, Sep 14, 2003.

?

Your Horoscope Sign?

1. Aquarius: January 20 - February 18

14 vote(s)
    8.4%
  2. Pisces: February 19 - March 20

16 vote(s)
    9.6%
  3. Aries: March 21 - April 19

11 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Taurus: April 20 - May 20

12 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. Gemini: May 21 - June 21

15 vote(s)
    9.0%
  6. Cancer: June 22 - July 22

14 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. Leo: July 23 - August 22

14 vote(s)
    8.4%
  8. Virgo: August 23 - September 22

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. Libra: September 23 - October 22

11 vote(s)
    6.6%
  10. Scorpio: October 23 - November 21

17 vote(s)
    10.2%
  11. Sagittarius: November 22 - December 21

10 vote(s)
    6.0%
  12. Capricorn: December 22 - January 19

12 vote(s)
    7.2%
  13. Don't care.

9 vote(s)
    5.4%
  14. What is horoscope?

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  1. JJP

JJP Great Player

What is your horoscope sign? Do you read your daily/weekly/monthly horoscope?

My birthday is June 19 so I'm Gemini. I don't usually read my horoscope.

2. Xen

Xen Magister

Jan 8- capricorn, in the chinese style, I'm a Tiger :D

3. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

Pisces. nope don't believe in that stuff.

4. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

I don't believe in it, but Aries is my sign. Got a scar on my head to prove it, too. :ack:

5. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

6. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

I'm an Aries, born in the year of the dragon. Don't believe in the crap.

7. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Sagittarius, but I don't believe in it.

8. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

I have no time for Astrology either.

Gemini is my alleged sign.

I prefer the 'sign of the hammer.'

9. Perfection

Perfection The Great Head.

What is the "sign of the hammer?"

10. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff Supporter

A Manowar song.

And before you ask: Yes they are a Metal band, and yes they have MULLETS! :D

11. Maj

Maj Emperor

I'm a Libra. I don't believe in the stuff but having some knowledge of it doesn't hurt when it comes to dazzling the ladies.

12. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

Libra.

13. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Wooh! Only Cancerian to have voted this far - go me! Urgh...it must be late if I am entertained by things like that.

14. puglover

puglover Disturber of Worldviews

Leo. But I don't believe in horoscopes.

15. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

I'm a die-hard Scorpio with a tad of the frank nature of Saggitarius.

Scorpio rundown, courtesy of astrology.com:

Symbol: the Scorpion
    Ruling Planet: Mars/Pluto
    Ruling House: Eighth House
    Element: Water
    Quality: Fixed
    Body Parts: sex organs
    Keyword: SEX
    Date with destiny: Cancer, Pisces
    Run for the hills: Leo, Aquarius
    Where you glow: investigating
    What makes you tick: chess
    Fitness forecast: sex
    Play date: chatting on the Internet
    Perfect jobs: private investigator, surgeon
    Best accessory: magnifying glass
    A sure thing: magnetism
    Destination: The Netherlands
    Pleasure: mystery, calling the shots, passion
    Pain: exposure, simplicity, interruption
    What's my line? Yeah, Baby!

Scorpio is a Water element, and this makes it a somewhat enigmatic sign. Water is more receptive and introverted, but Scorpio is a Plutonian-power force. Perhaps that is why Scorpio is the sign capable of the greatest metamorphosis and renewal. If we think about it, we may look at a lake and see the interplay of light and shadows. Unless we explore further, we cannot tell just how deep it is -- or what is going on within. You'll find great love, feeling, desire and sensitivity when we probe the depths of mysterious Scorpio. A fixed nature makes Scorpio favor stability. Without some positive energy, Scorpio can go to extremes. The Scorpion may use his or her the strength to exert power over others. Love can become a stronger passion than even the Scorpio can handle, and possessiveness or jealousy can surface. Independence brings balance. The Scorpio with inner security can let partners explore and remain receptive to their needs

Much like the Scorpion would rather kill itself than be killed, those born under this Sign are the ones who are in ultimate control of their destiny. It is life on the Scorpion's terms, too, since these folks promote their agenda (they are quite the executives) and see to it that things go forward. Others may find this overbearing (it can be) and even self-destructive, but that's the beauty of the Scorpion: these folks have tremendous regenerative powers, much like the literal Scorpion can lose its tail and promptly grow a new one.

16. naervod

naervod My current user title

Leo. Don't believe in the newspaper stuff, but the qualities they say about a Leo seem to fit me.

17. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

Libran characteristics from http://www.astrology-online.com

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

Librans are sensitive to the needs of others and have the gift, sometimes to an almost psychic extent, of understanding the emotional needs of their companions and meeting them with their own innate optimism - they are the kind of people of whom it is said, "They always make you feel better for having been with them." They are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity.

Their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual, though they are usually too moderate and well balanced to be avant garde in any artistic endeavor. They have good perception and observation and their critical ability, with which they are able to view their own efforts as well as those of others, gives their work integrity.

In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship. They like the opposite sex to the extent of promiscuity sometimes, and may indulge in romanticism bordering on sentimentality. Their marriages, however, stand a good chance of success because they are frequently the union of "true minds". The Libran's continuing kindness toward his or her partner mollifies any hurt the latter may feel if the two have had a tiff. Nor can the Libran's spouse often complain that he or she is not understood, for the Libran is usually the most empathetic of all the zodiacal types and the most ready to tolerate the beloved's failings.

The negative Libran character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia, seldom angry when circumstances demand a show of annoyance at least; and yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden storms of rage. Their love of pleasure may lead them into extravagance; Libran men can degenerate into reckless gamblers, and Libran women extravagant, jealous and careless about money sometimes squander their wealth and talents in their overenthusiasm for causes which they espouse. Both sexes can become great gossipers. A characteristic of the type is an insatiable curiosity that tempts them to enquire into every social scandal in their circle.

In their work the description "lazy Libra" which is sometimes given is actually more alliterative than true. Librans can be surprisingly energetic, though it is true that they dislike coarse, dirty work. Although some are modestly content, others are extremely ambitious. With their dislike of extremes they make good diplomats but perhaps poor party politicians, for they are moderate in their opinions and able to see other points of view. They can succeed as administrators, lawyers (they have a strong sense of justice, which cynics might say could handicap them in a legal career), antique dealers, civil servants and bankers, for they are trustworthy in handling other people's money. Some Librans are gifted in fashion designing or in devising new cosmetics; others may find success as artists, composers, critics, writers, interior decorators, welfare workers or valuers, and they have an ability in the management of all sorts of public entertainment. Some work philanthropically for humanity with great self-disciple and significant results. Libran financiers sometimes make good speculators, for they have the optimism and ability to recover from financial crashes.

18. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

Virgo.

Rabbit in Chinese astrology.

19. Ville

Ville Deity

I'm aquarius

20. Ren

Ren Communist Nazi

I'm Taurus.

Yeah I read the horoscope whenever I come across it... Don't pay much heed though ;)