1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Your ICBM ws intercepted by Indian SAM Infantry LOLOL

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by SPQR300, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Chopperhead

Chopperhead Prince

Yes I think people forget or dont know that ICBM's do not actually hit the earth so you would never have the chance to shoot it with any type SAM weapon as it will not come close enough.

secondly the missile is no longer a missle once it re-enters the atmosphere it is just the war head so if your thinking it might be possible to shoot it down because it's huge well it isnt the boosters are only to get it into space once there it sepertes and the Warhead basically falls to it's target. think apollo mission capsules that roughly how big an object flying at thousands of Miles and hour. your only real chance to intercept an ICMB is in space. or sabotage before it launches.

2. Alltidxx

Alltidxx Chieftain

Yes, that Ghandi guy really is such a weakling. But I would rather say, if you find that the Aztecs or the Zulus are in the game - prepare to ramp up your armed forces or live under the threat of invasion constantly. They can never stay out of trouble, always making a mess. I you have the chance, try to eliminate these civilizations as soon as you can. Or at least give them a blow so hard they will never recover to become a serious threat. It is fun to keep them all furious and weak. You will be making yourself and everyone else a big favour. I have NEVER been friends with these Civilizations. Their idea of coexistence is balance of terror. Never give in to anything the Zulus or Aztecs demand! I hate their guts :mad: enemies til the END!

3. Hornet85

Hornet85 Chieftain

lol... i do hope this issues get fixed in future Civ game.

I think they should come up with modern anti aircraft weapon such as the Patriot system. It's not even realistic for an SAM infantry to even be able to intercept modern jet fighters, let alone ICBM.

4. rabidveggie

rabidveggie King

I'd say its realistic for a Sam to hit a modern jet. In Vietnam the allies lost a lot of aircraft to surface to air missiles. You just need a lot of Sam installations.

5. 777

777 King

People, don't mix real world and civ world. Totally whole two different worlds ;)

I guess SAM infantry has changes to intercept air attack and nuke is considered as air attack in cIV. So there you go. Changes are perhaps very small.