Your ideas on how to improve this site

Got any ideas ideas or suggestions you want to share with us, on how to improve the layout/accessibility/handling/forums/GOTM's/features of Civfanatics?

Post them right here, it might be, that a kind admin will happen to watch them and to find them not too bad to not to be included. :)

Make it Web 2.0

Is there a specific need for this thread, since this entire subforum is dedicated to such ideas?

Merge some of the forums so they get more traffic, i.e. put General discussions and beyond the sword together, put science, computer and OT back together, that way people who wouldnt normally specifically seek out one topic may see it and become interested. Too many subforums on CFC.

Merge some of the forums so they get more traffic, i.e. put General discussions and beyond the sword together, put science, computer and OT back together, that way people who wouldnt normally specifically seek out one topic may see it and become interested. Too many subforums on CFC.
QFT! :smug:
And remove the 10 characters-limit in posting. Sometimes it's just ridiculous to always write "10chars" behind anything, where a short reply is just sufficient.

Fancy flash stuff which makes it run horribly on slower computers/connections, but is nice when you can use it.
Not at all! Web 2.0, (as nebumlously defined as it is) refers to user defined content, so like wikis and social networking site stuff.

Most likely Abaddon was just obnoxiously spewing out a buzzword.

We should be able to post youtube videos. That would be awesome.

For the love of Christ please don't stick computer talk in OT.
QFT. Computer Talk already gets spammed enough. I would hate to have to look for Computer topics through all the OT spam.

+1 for removing the 10char limit though, it doesn't stop spam, and sometimes posts don't need to be that long.

Remove it, because it doesn't live up to its purpose of preventing spam.

Let's say my entire post will just be: QFT. By simply adding something like 10chars, I'm easily going around the ten-character-limit and nothing has been disproved by being spammy.

Feel free to post suggestions here, however minor. Even minor improvements made over time can significantly improve user experience. :)

Top Bottom