Your ideas on how to improve this site

TF said extra content like more PM space and stuff. Plus supporting the site

Then what's the point of having a subscription?:confused:
Kinda like what Apolyton has with its PLUS subscription feature. Namely things like ad-free browsing, and forum perks like more PM spaces, etc. Site content will always be free to everyone.

Kinda like what Apolyton has with its PLUS subscription feature. Namely things like ad-free browsing, and forum perks like more PM spaces, etc. Site content will always be free to everyone.

Ahh, okay. I get it now. :crazyeye:

We don't have plan to add donation feature to the site yet. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

In the near future we may be able to offer a paid subscription feature so members who want to subscribe can enjoy benefits like ad-free site, more PM spaces, and other goodies.

That would be great. :goodjob:

I just noticed that the About Us page hasn't been updated to include the new staff additions.

Then what's the point of having a subscription?:confused:

Money! :D The crap economy is probably cutting into their ability to keep the staffroom beer fridge stocked.

I really want to be able to compensate for all the posting I do at work with Adblock on. I feel bad, but I just can't have noisy ads.

The virtual beer fridge, that is. :p
Virtual you say. My dispenser arrived 10 days after I was notified by TF and it hooks into a usb port. Beer, ice cold and on tap as needed. The staff forum refrigerator has a drop down for brand selection too.

Virtual you say. My dispenser arrived 10 days after I was notified by TF and it hooks into a usb port. Beer, ice cold and on tap as needed. The staff forum refrigerator has a drop down for brand selection too.

I'll believe it when I see it. :king:

Merge some of the forums so they get more traffic, i.e. put General discussions and beyond the sword together, put science, computer and OT back together, that way people who wouldnt normally specifically seek out one topic may see it and become interested. Too many subforums on CFC.

It's better if the spammers stay out of the science and computer forums, IMHO. OT is cesspool of spam.

You don't get out much, do you?
If he did, he certaily wouldn't be posting here. Nor would I, come to think of it.

I wouldn't subscribe if I had to pay, but if others are silly enough to do it, let 'em.

In my eyes this was one of the nails for the coffin of Apolyton. To form different classes of users and to give them the feeling to be "second-class"-users.

In my eyes this was one of the nails for the coffin of Apolyton. To form different classes of users and to give them the feeling to be "second-class"-users.

You kidding? Apolyton Plus was one of their best ideas. More importantly, please don't talk about Apolyton like that here on these forums.

A PLUS feature isn't going to divide users into two classes. If TF feels that it is necessary, he can make the notification that someone is a PLUS user either out of site or not visible to the user. Presumably TF wouldn't decrease features for regular users, so it wouldn't be a second class.

The free + extra stuff for people who want to support the site is a very successful model. I want to be able to support this site somehow, and I know that there are others who want to do it too.

If we go this route, there would be no reduction in features for non-PLUS posters. It would be a few 'extras', like more PM space, for instance. And I'm pretty sure we would keep the PLUS users anonymous: you wouldn't be able to tell who was PLUS just by looking, or even by visiting their profile.

I've been playing lately less and less Civilization, and after purchasing Rome Total War quitted it altogether. Now I've been browsing other forums for mods, and found out that they are inferior to CFC in many ways (being accustomed to this place of course matters also).

Although this is civilization fanatics' center, it may not be a bad idea to host mods for other games too, only the most popular ones of course. If there's no other benefit, you could keep people in the house so that more ads will be viewed.

And please, don't ever accept moving avatars or giant sigs or less than X ch posts. Those things contribute very much to the legibility of the forums.

I'd be willing to pay $10-20 USD just for an adblock thing (I like chrome, but it doesn't have adblock and I couldn't get over the guilt of depriving the site cash)

Addendum: my computer has fried twice from viruses and it MAY be from CFC, ffrom adds likely, I can't quit this site (too awesome) (but my parents get PO'ed when the computer goes to the shop fro 2-3 weeks and they think I go on "other sites" with the comp...)

Top Bottom