1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Latest Game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jmartin251, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vivalamexico

vivalamexico Prince

Someone seriously needs to make a mod with him as leader and his diploscreen as him headbutting Matterazzi :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. jmartin251

jmartin251 Chieftain

My current game has been on big love fest once everyone ganged up on the Huns and Rome wiping them out. Might just have to turn off the non warmongering mod, but even with less warmongering hate it still seems excessive. Diplomacy Values has shown me that. Wiping out one civ is is -1000 or more in relations. That is why once you become known as a warmonger will never get rid of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

3. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

Started as Pacal (playing each leader in reverse alpha order). Continents, Large/Epic/Warlord. Found myself on the lower portion of a large continent with 4 others. Expanded to about 8 cities before using up most of my own territory. Got nearly every Wonder I was interested in. Built up an army and took over my closest neighbor, razing all cities except for the capital. Did this with the next and next and eventually conquered all my continent, filling in with my own cities for the razed spots.

Ended up with about 30 cities. Started attacking the other continent. Got Artillery and it's going pretty quickly. Two down and only two to go. Got bombers but 5 are taking a while to get to the front lines. Note, on this continent. I just puppet, and don't raze anything, and don't bother filling in the spare city spaces. Should be done in about 20 turns or so.

4. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

I'm playing on Prince as an alternate Indonesia. Basically I'm naming the cities after Dutch colonies, and renamed Indonesia to Dutch Colonies. I'm starting the game in Canada, with China as the other North-American. Immediately build Great Library in New Amsterdam, settle Batavia. I also discover Old Faithful, Grand Mesa and Barringer Crater. I take it easy, but I'm planning to attack Wu. The Dutch colonies can't grow enough when China is near us. I also build my first Cargo Ship in Paramaribo(my first coastal). I suffer under a small deficit, but I keep getting it back up by receiving GPT for the Furs from Batavia. I settle Willemstad and Goudkust for Iron. I also notice that I can easily sneak my Trireme towards Europe. Anyway, after saving up a little money and using my Iron to upgrade into Kris Swordsman. I get ready

I attack. I easily take over Beijing, by letting it hit my Kris Swordsman, only for them to get the promotion, and easily taking over the city. I move to Shanghai. Before I take it, she offers Nanjing in a peace treaty. I declined, stille wanting to get Shanghai. I view the city, not noticing the Copper mines. I raze it, only to discover my stupidness. She doesn't want to give Nanjing, so I'll take something far more precious, her new capital Guangzhou. She is left to rot in Nanjing. Perhaps I'll kill her later.

I basically discover Mongolia is on South America, and Arabia, England, Zulu, Aztec, Persia and Greece. I look at the Zulu city list, and discover he already took a few Austrian cities.

I'm haven't finished yet, I'l update later

5. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

His text when he is attacked: What is this? A declaration of war? Think carefully, for I will headbutt you!

6. DarthSheldonPhD

DarthSheldonPhD Warlord

The focus of my current game is changing to score, something I've never focused on before.

One of the things that I've noticed over the years with Civ5 is that score is inversely proportional to how well you play. If you play well, you will finish early. However, games that go later have more population, more technologies, more cities, possibly more wonders (particularly late game wonders), etc. While I'm pretty sure that finish date factors into your final score, the other factors outweigh this factor considerably. Therefore, games where you are unable to achieve a victory condition earlier (which, to me, indicates that I have not performed as well) are going to be games with the highest scores.

So, in my currect game (France/pangaea/immortal/standard size+speed/8civs/12CSs), it's currently turn 206, I've conquered 4/7 capitals and would normally wrap things up within 30 turns. However, I was thinking of taking a break from the aggression to rush-buy some UNIs to oxford-sling radio, both to open autocracy and to give myself majority control of WC.

But while I'm at it, there's some lush land that I've opened along the warpath, a select few with new luxes, circuses available and/or SW available but that's kind of irrelevant as Trad/Economics are finished and autocracy will give plenty of happiness opportunities. Maybe extend the peacetime expansion period to fill in this area, and maybe clear-and fill all but one of the barbarians (excuse me, not barbarians... AI civilizations lands... Heck, maybe I'll even go for a time victory. Never got one of those before.

Unless, of course, it gets too tedious, in which case I'll just cap-snipe a victory.

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

On my most recent completed game, on Immortal level I tried out a self imposed challenge that I'd have to use the Piety Start (as Byzantines, the last time I'd played them was in G&K)

I had a faith pantheon and for my bonus chose Sun God with there also being a lot of Wheat.
    First Follower was Cathedral
    Reformation was sacred sites
    Enhancer was RT
    Second Follower was Pagoda

Following completing Piety, I went to Aesthetics.

I ended up winning a Cultural victory even with being beat by a country mile to the most of the theming bonus world wonders. (Production was pretty bad)

For my current game I'm checking out Carthage, checking out how moving the hammer from harbor to lighthouse effected them. Also on Immortal. Raging Barbs is on.

standard 4 city Tradition start
    Pantheon: Goddess of Festival [party] (Lots of wine :beer: )
    First Follower: Monastery
    Enhancer: Religious Texts
    Second Follower: The one granting hammer bonus per follower as all the ones I really wanted were already taken.:mad:

I've not yet locked into a victory condition (I just reached Modern era via Oxford Radio), but am thinking Science.

Tradition was followed by Exploration to provide happiness due to being beat out to all religious happiness sources.

This game was also the first I've seen in which World's Fair was voted down. :eek:
    What happened is that some AI proposed granting research bonuses to those behind and so most of the AIs that would normally vote Yes on World's fair instead was voting one way or the other on research bonuses to those behind. (My own vote against bonuses to those behind was instrumental in defeating it)
    This is also one of those rare games where there are only 2 AIs wanting Arts Funding evenly matched by 2 AIs wanting science funding.

Note that I have the following mods in effect:
    1. Rationalism can't be opened until Industrial era
    2. Most ancient era buildings are maintenance free.

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

I thought I already posted my latest game here but I didn't. So my latest game in BNW is with Alexander and Germany. I got these civilizations using random, but I guess I will begin to choose civilizations now. Anyways, both victories were domination and since I lowered the difficulty to chieftain and warlord. I took longer in the Alexander domination since I wasn't so used to domination and took longer. However, in the German domination one, I wanted to end it quicker so I took advantage of all the extra bonuses you get in the lower difficulties. I puppet so many cities without shopping for the courthouse like I usually used to do in the higher difficulties. I didn't worry about the AI having so many CSs like I used to do in the higher difficulties as well. To make this post a lot shorter than it really is, I was thinking about ending the game today yesterday where I started and completed domination in one day.

9. jmartin251

jmartin251 Chieftain

Two turns before declaring war on the four remaining Civs. Only one of the four wasn't shaking in their boots. Think they they knew something was up? By this time my army had swelled to 1.5 million soldiers. 6 turns later I won. Poor poor souls.:mwaha:

Spoiler :

10. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

Are you using a mod? Because I haven't seen the +20 and -10 before

11. jmartin251

jmartin251 Chieftain

Diplomacy Values is the mod name I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

12. Securion

Securion Civ Veteran

Playing Kievan Rus on a Large Communitas map. Deity level.
    Had a coastal start with a mountain so the game was over on turn one, but decided to do stuff a bit different... Built Alhambra and started to pump out cavalry units to see how highly promoted I could get them before Tanks. Steamrolled my continent, built a navy, parked my battleships outside City States and am close to diplo vc.
    Buuut didnt finish the game (as usual) and will probably start a new one soon...

13. GeneralAmerica

GeneralAmerica Artillery Officer

I won my first deity game :dd:d::d:ddd

america
    deity
    pangea
    science victory

:d:d:d:ddd

14. Koiranputki

Koiranputki Prince

My latest game is one of the more interesting I have had....and it is still far from over.

Playing as Spain...my favourite... I actually found KSM fairly quickly, 500G...a reasonable, though not great, coastal location. And I think it was the next move I met Attila...Oh boy, I thought ....that means early trouble....a couple of moves later I found Uluru...not the first, but 100G anyway....no way as Spain could I pass up that opportunity.

So now I have two cities with Attila in between. Before the trouble started I was able to get the Honour Great General and I planted the GG right in Attila's face....trying to keep him happy if he is nearby is a waste of time so I don't bother. Religion...Uluru allowed me to complete that fast...with, of course, because of Attila ...Holy Warriors...

I also started building the Great Wall....But with about six turns left to complete...he DOWd....and swarmed my Uluru city..... It was taken within about three moves....nothing I could do at that point to stop him.....

I decided to stop the game...though I didn't "rage quit".... I saved the game and went on to a new game.

Last night after mulling over a strategy, I went back to the game.

I got the Great Wall and I decided to keep the pressure on him with a couple of Pikemen and several Composite Bows.....Because of favourable terrain and the 'Wall I was able to pick off his swarming army with little trouble...once he got weak enough he wanted peace...which I had to deny on any other terms than him giving me back my Uluru city..... And this is something I don't quite understand about the game...after several turns he did spontaneously offer peace terms which included my Uluru city...I grabbed the offer...so stupidly put forward by Attila. I knew now all I had to to do was keep the pressure on... As soon as I could I declared war on him and the only outcome would be Attila's head on a platter.

And that's what happened....two Pikemen, two Crossbows and two Composite Bows ( I didn't have enough money to upgrade...and near the end another Pikeman.) I had only met two other civs so the inevitable diplo hit wasn't a big concern....the two I met are close enough they would eventually be a problem anyway.....

I did fall behind, but once I had met all the others I could see that I would probably eventually win the game, but I may have to become a warmonger to slow some of them down.

All in all, an absorbing game.....with lots of play still left in it. Oh yes...this is played at the Emperor level...

15. LoneRebel

LoneRebel Emperor

Nice! You didn't give up, got your city back, and then annihilated Attila. Since it's Attila and he was next to you, eliminating him soon was really almost the only option. More land for you to expand in, too.

I take back what I said earlier. Looks like I will be winning a cultural victory after all. I shouldn't have done everything to maximize my tourism if I wanted to go for a score victory. :lol:

16. Ritzy Cat

Ritzy Cat Chieftain

Having a fun game with Babylon atm, on Huge Pangaea map with 6 civs. Going for science, of course. I've had the tech lead all game. I had barely been winning technologically, but the gap has widened after the +50% great scientist generation rate kicked in. I founded World Congress, but consistently tried to pass Science Funding. You know how every single Ai in the game hates that, so the world doesn't like me, then I pass ownership of World Congress to Byzantium (because I would have lost it to Venice anyway), I gain Mongolia, Byzantium, and Venice as allies, while my neighbor Montezuma constantly attacks me. My army sucks, but the cities are well-protected. I've decided to just rush a bunch of barracks, armories, military academies and build an army to conquer most of the Aztecs. I think the world hates them pretty much at this point. I'm on turn 244. It's been hard to get research agreements because of my lack of friends but I'm slowly starting to gain favor with everyone. I have my four juicy main cities pumping out science, (Akkad with Petra in it surrounded by Desert Hills with Farms on them), and I adopted Order to get a ton of extra happiness so I can build some outlying cities to protect myself from the Mongols who may turn on me at some point.

17. Gustavus Rex

Gustavus Rex Prince

Immortal / random civ / random map / standard / standard

Rolled Korea on what turned out to be a pangea.

4 cities, full tradition 2x atethics, 4x rationalism, order till spachipparts with engineers.

Had massive growt problems because of soil and happiness issues due to all other civs go for autocrazy so I didn't get into space until turn 335.

No wars. Everybody was friend with everybody.

Korea is imo the most boring civ to play in the game.

To night I'll start another game with the same settings. If i get Korea again, I'll reroll!

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

18. dopingman

dopingman Warlord

Currently tinkering around with a modded game on King difficulty with Washington. Map is Pangea, large, only 8 civs, 20 CS.

The biggest change is the "expanded eras" mod, which increases tech beaker requirements by 300% (= marathon speed) whilst most other variables are set to standart or even quick speed. It is not perfectly balanced and e.g. burning GS gives you comparatively lots of beakers compard to a real marathon game due to more science buildings and larger cities, but overall it is an interesting change of pace compared to the normal game speeds and makes waging wars and usually "uninteresting" UUs a lot more interesting.

I played a standart 5 city trad start (slower tech rate makes 3 city trad undesirable, no caravans within tech reach and growth is already fast), full trad SoPol's, sunk 5 in Patronage (era progression is too slow to slingshot for rationalism), opened up Rationalism and heading towards public schools after picking up Gunpowder for Minutemen. Nifty unit I have to admit, but is way off course for normal speed settings. Beat Brazils face in after getting DoW'ed and took his 4 core cities, burnt two I got in a peace deal (both next to me in undesirable locations) and Pedro is still having 5 cities, nothing serious though, however he did manage to grab Forbidden Palace, him being nearly on tech pariety with Korea when I counterattacked. Also got a DoW from Isabella and took her city next to Grand Mesa (located in a lush jungle) and settled for peace with her for a small amount of gpt (19g for 30 rounds I think). Next target is Korea, he's persistently 2-6 techs ahead of me and hogs all the wonders. Ethopia is also standing strong and leading the scoreboard, but he's not first in a single demographic and just seems content with settling a fourth of the map and spreading his religion. The Swedes, Indonesia and Nabby just hang around and do nothing, no idea why.

One thing I noticed however is, that it is a lot more difficult to outpace the AI techwise due to the innate starting techs and the faster pace for production and city growth allows the AI to spam more cities, buildings and units. Feels definitely more difficult than standart King difficulty and is more akin to Emperor standart or even an easy Immortal match. I'll most likely bump up to Emperor after this match (my ususal difficulty for unmodded games, it is imo the most pleasant to play, not pants on head ******** Prince- and not so breakneck IMMA KILL DA PLAYER Immo+ from my experience) and see how it goes. I expect Carpets of Doom, lots of them.

Other mods are mostly fluffy changes to liven up the late game tech tree, e.g. a Marine upgrade, a sniper unit, coal landships and airships with industrialization (empire of the smoking skies), some wonders (Black Mesa, Aperture Science, Arecibo Telescope). Nothing game- or groundbreaking just varying and living up the late game a bit.

19. lithium97

lithium97 Chieftain

Emperor level/ standard maps / raging barbarians/ G&K

I played Montezuma and tried out the Honor tree. Once I filled it, I picked 3 polcies from Tradition, filled out the right side of Commerce, then completed Rationalism.

It took awhile (260 turns) but I finally won a domination game. The turning point was when i saw that India and Austria had tech leads on me. I just discovered Navigation so I declared war on 2 weaker AI's just so I could promote a navy of frigates and grab some gold-producing puppets too. When I was able to upgrade them to battleships, they were unstoppable and I decimated India from 4 tiles away. Austria still had a tech lead and had bombers but, they were stupid enough to fly 25 of them into one coastal city right after I declared war on them. I bombed the heck out of the city and took it over, and destroyed their 25 bombers in the process.

20. InDubioProReo

InDubioProReo Warlord

Deity, Standard, Continents, Turn 320 SV with Gandhi. I have to say he isn't as weak as people seem to think. The UA allows for so much room to grow your cities like a madman, and this results in a net science gain as the game progresses.

Started on a continent with just me and Assyria. We were in peace and buddies until I noticed he became tourism/culture leader and I was actually aiming for a CV at start. So I changed my plan, got to Artillery+Flight and then captured his capital and 4 other cities, leaving him two. I changed my plan for a Science Victory after that, and went Order as ideology because both Assyria and other culture runaway (Russia) also had the same Ideology. Last 5 turns were kinda chaotic because Zulu, who were my friends for the entire game and settled terrible 2-3 tile coastal cities near my borders, DoW-ed me. Thankfully, I was the tech leader and while he had Artilleries, I had Rocket Artilleries and Bombers, along with X-Com Squads (and damn, those are strong!) I just got to the Particle Physics and GE rushed the SS Engine, winning the game. Russia would have won I think had I not convinced Attila to DoW her, resulting in pretty much 15-20 turns of reciprocal nukage between both of them.