Your "luck"-civ?

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by Rickard77, May 8, 2013.

1. Rickard77

Rickard77 Chieftain

I guess you too have discovered that there seems to be one civ or two that you goes better with than the others. I dont know if its psychological but maybe we have personal fauvorites according to the civs we adore in history or in todays world.

For me, I have almost always succeeded playing the Romans and the Germans.

Which civ do you go best with?

2. Theov

Theov Deity

Playing with the Romans means you don't have to face those pesky expand-everywhere, conquer-everything Russians.
    As the Germans, you don't have to go defeat the damned French.

So there's a reason you might play as those the best ;)

I too love to play as the Russians (I'm also used to the city names) and of course, I love to be the NFL. Where Pittsburgh is the Capital, Houston is found last, Cleveland is on an small island and Dallas is just a very average town.

3. Rickard77

Rickard77 Chieftain

The Russians have never been a big deal to me. they expand fast and they are aggressive at the beginning, but when you've taken over their capital and a few other big cities, they stagnate in their development.

Neither do I have problems with the french. I dont know if my version of civ is buggy or something, but the french are often stuck on a small island with the capital as their only city.

The hardest match for me are rather the Zulus and the mongols.

4. kirkham7

kirkham7 Warlord

I've always loved being the Aztecs, as I could be on a continent of my own when playing on the original earth map. This is nice because I can grow as much as I need to before sending troops over to have fun with the other civilizations.

5. C1v1l1z@t10n

C1v1l1z@t10n Warlord

I never had special problems with the French either... one reason why you might like playing Romans is maybe because they often get to start with two settlers? ;)

Those I find the hardest are: Zulu/Mongols/Russian so playing one of those colours make it often easier :)

6. Theov

Theov Deity

:) that's how I play Civ3 at the moment!
    Where contact is made after Navigation because no one can cross the Atlantic or the Pacific before the invention of that.

7. humbe

humbe Warlord

I'm currently playing german on earth map.. The extra settler handicap is awesome, and they frequently get it.. And starting close to Rome/Greece if they're in the game I can steal some cities early.

8. C1v1l1z@t10n

C1v1l1z@t10n Warlord

hahaha Luckily you got Rome and not Moscow :) hope also you don't have Zulu because they can be hard in this setup

9. RecycledElectro

RecycledElectro Chieftain

Try being the Zulus. They get Africa in the early game, and can easily expand over all of Eur-Asia-Africa without a gap. (Wonders that are limited to continents do expand to every bit of contiguous land, not just what we call "continents.")

When I play as the Aztecs, I have to deal with those pesk Amis up North.

10. C1v1l1z@t10n

C1v1l1z@t10n Warlord

Just send your first militias to Washington, if they build a settler follow that one so he cannot build a city, then you build a settler and build on Missipi area, and block him out, with one city he is no match later.

For me it is bigger chance Russia wipe out Germany and France install themselves in South America and must be dealt with fast!