Your most annoying Civ/Leader

General McUgly

Chieftain
To begin, this thread isn't about your least favorite civ, its about the civ you dislike the most when using the default leader AIs.

Now I'm sure everyone has the one civ that they hate: for example taking the wonder you were building, DoW unexpectedly, settle places that seem completely random, or generally pop-up and make an ass of themselves. :p

I'd be interested in hearing some input on WHY they made it on here too, when you comment.

Mine is Washington. This guy spends the entire game settling around me from the other side of the map, and not only that, he's beating me to a few wonders I had my eye on. And all of this while I'm trying for a 2 city cultural victory.

If Spain spawns near me, it is often a pretty long, war filled game where I get kind of crushed and can't recover. They've been the bane of my existence in a game twice now, and in the bad way where they just keep declaring war and won't go away, and have too strong a military for me to take any kind of offensive.

If Spain spawns near me, it is often a pretty long, war filled game where I get kind of crushed and can't recover. They've been the bane of my existence in a game twice now, and in the bad way where they just keep declaring war and won't go away, and have too strong a military for me to take any kind of offensive.
Weird. Spain is weaker in my game, and Isabella is my ally against Washington.
But hell, my advisers seem to like her less than Washington I've been at war with him all game.:lol:

I need to fire my military adviser or something?

OMG the list is long! Short version:

1. Alex - a problem teenager with a gun...
2. Hiawatha - "Ah look - a tile that hasn't been settled...
3. That double-standards chap from Siam ("Yes of course I've made a few DOWs but I'm talking about you, you warmonger...")

others worthy-of-note:
Gandhi - "Hmm, you've offended me by growing/building/defending/breathing - no more trading with you then"
Rameses/Darius - "Oh sorry, were you building that as well?"

Alexander and spain always seem to win when I play

Well I know Monty or the Khan will attack me one time or another, or most likely one time after the other. But I am ok with that and they are cool with making peace and start trading again once the ground is a little redder around our cities. But Spain, omg. What a . Very pushy and likes to settle very close to me then accuse me of expanding my borders to land she considered hers. And she dont play nice once we have fought it out either but seem to keep holding a grudge.

Dido is a two face lying as well. Always trying to get me involved in her fights against others only to turn against me next.

Alexander shows no mercy at all. He comes early and in full force with out a warning, just like Monty and the Khan but unlike them he is very unpleasant to deal with.

Hiawatha for sure, spamming missionaries and cities like it's going out of style. Guess he's glad they took disease out of civ V...

Ha ha Hiawatha. He is fun to take down since it takes some effort since he hides in the forest. When I played as America he was my neighbour early in the game. But I declared war, moved in my workers, shielded by minutman, to cut down the trees so my cannons could turn his cities into rubble. He did expand a lot so there was a lot of cutting down trees and bombarding going on. And that was all fine since that upgraded my units to get march and cannons who could fire twice.

1. Alexander the arrogant pompous
2. Napoleon the his-family-reaches-to-South-America a.k.a How-Many-More-Cities-Can-You-Have?
3. Elizabeth the I just met you, this is crazy, but I hate you.... maybe.. no, for sure, I hate you
4. Montezuma WAR WAR WAR
5. Shaka WAR WAR WAR a.k.a Loincloth God (hehe)

1. Alexander the arrogant pompous
2. Napoleon the his-family-reaches-to-South-America a.k.a How-Many-More-Cities-Can-You-Have?
3. Elizabeth the I just met you, this is crazy, but I hate you.... maybe.. no, for sure, I hate you
4. Montezuma WAR WAR WAR
5. Shaka WAR WAR WAR a.k.a Loincloth God (hehe)

lmao Yeah that sounds like Elizabeth alright. :lol:

:mischief:

Attachments

• CivilizationV_DX11 2013-10-13 15-53-18-64.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2013-10-13 15-53-18-64.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 5,650
  • CivilizationV_DX11 2013-10-13 15-54-17-06.jpg
    CivilizationV_DX11 2013-10-13 15-54-17-06.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 5,642
Freaking Augustus, stop trying to take all of my lands!!!! :gripe:
Seriously, in my first game as Brazil, he was CONSTANTLY trying to expand towards me, warring to take MY cities. When I reached Satellites I discovered that his half of the continent was empty!!! AND there was a Natural Wonder there!

And in game first game as the Shoshone, his first cities were IMMEDIATELY to block me off the rest of the continent, leaving me with a thin strip of land!

What the HECK! Why don't you LEAVE ME ALONE and just built settlers to settle YOUR lands!?

Yes, I do find Augustus to be really annoying! :p

Hiawatha, we always butt our heads together, now that I think of it, it was the same back in Civ 3.

1. Russia - always running away with the game on her own continent.
2. Japan - for some reason, If Japan is in the game, he will always declare war me. For some odd reason, the Huns or the Mongols ave never declared war on me.
3. Egypt- Wonder Hog with arge defensive army.

Alexander. He seems to be the only aggressive leader that is actually competent. The others just give me an excuse to crush them. Alexander... he's a crafty one.

Theodora...but I think developed out of the fact that I preset her (and Dido and Darius) once when starting a game and forgot to turn it off for like a dozen games later, until I noticed. I kept wondering why I got her and the other two every time. D:

And maybe a bit of Monty, because I hated him sooo much in Civ IV (although that was another Monty, I think).
Aaaaand the Incan Leader because he always backstabbed me in my earlier games.

Oda Nobunaga seems to be my nemesis for some reason. In my fairly small sample of high level games, it seems he has more often than not been a neighbor and was more aggressive than I expected. I was once playing as Spain and minding my own business early in the game and next thing I know, here comes all these Japanese warriors and archers across the plains.

Russia - They always always go wide and with their UA, they are wide and strong. Siam or Hiawatha always seem to go really wide too but they are cupcakes when you fight them compared to Russia.

In this game, America's going wide and taking all of the wonders I wanted to build. While I'm building them. :p

And China just showed up...and guess what? They don't like me either.:shake:

Top Bottom