Your most disgusting local food

holy king

Deity
show us what perversities of cooking your region has come up with:

i'll begin. beuschel:

it's a stew of lung and heart, and sometimes tongue for good measure. (usually beef, i think), some turnip and onions, flour and cream.

http://www.tourmycountry.com/austria/beuschl.htm

blunzgröstl:

fried black-pudding with potatoes.

Sulz:

recipe: put various meats and vegetables together and cage those in gelatine until you can hear the echoes of the death screams of the dead animals.

Easily this:

In the past, I hated this (meatball variation):

Spoiler :

And this (kissel):

Spoiler :

I will always hate this !!! :vomit::

Spoiler :

Yes, that's caviar (ugh..). They usually put it on butter. And when they do so I can't keep myself in the room. And I know people who have the same tastes (or distastes)...

I know I'm gonna catch some heat for this, but personally I have to nominate:

Spoiler :
chicken-fried-steak-0.jpg
chicken-fried steak.

From Venezuela, Hallacas.

They are so disgusting!!! I have no idea how in heck it is the national food everybody loves and eats during Christmas, new year, Easter etc.

It's called Stollen (literally meaning mining tunnel) and is a traditional Christmas-time dish.
And it comes with a lot of raisins - always.
What greater madness is there?

String-beans-hot-pot.
WWI is over, we can start to eat stuff we really want to eat again. Yet, this was still served when I attented the school canteen. WHere also this was served:

Carrots-hot-pot.

Haha, well they both look like the kind of British/Irish stews i've eaten over the the years and I have always enjoyed those. Although I do understand what you mean. Some canteens can turn a simply delicious dish into something revolting ;p

Now that I'm in the American South, chitterlings (pig intestines) and pig's feet.

In Turkey, sheep brain and sheep intestines. The sheep intestines were actually pretty good in a sandwich.

When I was a child I hated usual stuff like onion, garlic, and also sour cream and mayonnaise.
Now I can eat pretty much everything and I like caviar, though it must be very fresh.

When I was in middle school I used to eat lunch with a group of girls who put ranch dressing on everything, pizza, fries, even in their chili. I never liked it, even on salad.

Top Bottom