1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Your most effective designs

Discussion in 'Starships' started by Denkt, Mar 13, 2015.

1. TabeticClown

TabeticClown Chieftain

Shields, Cannons, and Engines with the stealth wonder is the most overpowered build in the game. Unless the enemy has upgraded scanners your literally impossible to find. You can easily beat the game with just one ship on hard and probably very hard too.

2. Sal

Sal Chieftain

Yeah, that I my favourite build too. Combined with the cloaking wonder it is amazing.

3. Stylesrj

Stylesrj Tabitha SEAL

I found that putting Quantum Suppression at Level 6 and Level 8 Cloaking means even a close range scan with level 6 sensors (the highest I've ever seen the enemies get up to) won't even find your ship.
    Dual Command though puts any ship into OP heaven.

4. TabeticClown

TabeticClown Chieftain

After Cloaking, that's my favorite wonder. Combine it with the wonder that lets your ship move three tiles instead of one with the boosters then you can get 10 moves and an attack or thirteen moves, plus you'll be invisible the entire time. Ludicrous!

This game needs some serious balancing, though I doubt it will get it. Honestly, I don't even care if it gets it, because it's pretty fun as it is.

5. bcyy

bcyy Chieftain

IMHO, fighters 1, torpedoes 1, cannon 1, shields 3 and enough engines to achieve 4 speed are a must in the early game, and is how I invariably upgrade my only ship at the beggining of the game. Purchasing armour instead of shields in the early game seems to lead to horrifying repair bills, unless you go for harmony. It is possible to branch out later in the game, though.

6. YungPtolemy666

YungPtolemy666 Chieftain

I know I'm late but I just got this game lol.

I like to upgrade my 2 main ships first.

I like to run fast ships, with plasma cannons and fighters. I pop a shot, run behind the asteroids. If I get the Dual Command it's ridiculous.

After that I build fast ships with fully upgraded lasers and nothing else. Gives me a sort of 1-2 punch.

Not a fan of torpedoes at all.