1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Mother was a hamster- A Napoleonic AAR

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Captain2, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

Huzzah for Prussia, joining the glorious fight against French tyranny. May their battles go well, and may they be thankful for our encouraging shouts as we sit here on our island home.

2. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

Storming Berlin will be tough with military cutbacks. How fares our treasury?

Also, I love the very frequent updating here :goodjob:

3. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

And business is a-boomin'

:nono:

I'll have to go check, I've invested what remains in economic growth so hopefully its better by now.

I'm also updating at an increased pace because I only just got the game and I'm only allowing myself to play it when I'm updating the AAR. So really this is a blind playthrough.

4. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

Pah! You shall fall before the might of our Prussian allies! Rule Britannia!

5. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Spoiler :

Pug's army was intercepted during an attempt to bypass the Austrians and attack the city directly, luckily after his last victory against the same forces its no longer suicidal and simply risky.

The armies arrived seperately with the smallest section meeting Pug first, had the same force managed to arrive in one clump the results may very well have been different.

Splitting the French army into two, Pug sent half off to fire at the incoming Austrians while setting the other half on a ridge to keep the Russians from advancing. This tactic worked wonderfully and after heavy fighting on both sides the Austrians retreated allowing the French army to entirely focus on the Russians

The toll was heavy but Pug was able to accomplish his objective and force the Russians to retreat back to wuttemburg with an army hardly capable of doing anything besides surrendering to superior french forces

And of course we release our allies who had been unfairly forced under the Russian heel for nearly a month or two. Happy to be free of a diet consisting entirely of Vodka and Potatoes they supply us with two divisions of line infantry who immediately ruin our economy by reducing us to -200 a month. At least they tried.

Meanwhile Marshall Princescamp reaches his secret destination in his three month trek

6. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

If there is an ungeneral'd army hanging around somewhere, I proudly volunteer to lead it to glorious victory! I will personally sacrifice other men to achieve this goal! :D

7. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Canis Latranscendental

Oh boy! Snatching Britain's precious control of the Mediterranean-Atlantic waterway right from them! :goodjob:

I, Marius, am available to serve in any Spanish campaigns... my knowledge of their tongue is limited, but I'm sure with the right amount of weaponry, I could... "blend" in. :mischief:

I'll be following this. ;)

8. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I may have room for a second in command with future promotion to General, Taniciusfox, but I am/will be leading the campaign against Gibraltar and Portugal (Spain is currently an ally).

9. Tani Coyote

Woot!

And ally, as we know, is a euphemism for "a country who we can't conveniently attack at the moment, but we will once they've served their purpose." ;) :mischief:

10. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

I feel lonely... :eekdance:

11. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

Spoiler :

The Newly appointed Marshall Cardgame seems to have knocked Austria out of the war entirely after forcing the Austrians out of their original Bavarian stronghold. He will be sent north to deal with the new Prussian threat while Pugwash's army recoups and recovers from a campaign that has killed off nearly half of his army.

The British fell extremely quickly in a confrontation with Scamp's army with the British showing why they prefer to stay off land based fighting when their regulars retreated early in the battle, leaving the milita behind to try out Scamp brand grapeshot.

Of course the ease in whitch Scamp took Gibralatar shook British morale considerably

The Prussians meanwhile had decided that attacking French holdings in Germany would be a good idea, with the closest French army in fighting shape about a month away it would be up to the brave milita to hold off the Prussians until they could arrive

Sadly the General in charge had run out of pixie dust and the French defenders were crushed by cold hard reality.

The Grand Armee was not invincible.

12. Tani Coyote

Those opportunistic bastards better not celebrate too soon... :mad: It won't be long before you repay that defeat with interest. :evil:

13. Maniacal

And now to hit the British so hard they won't see it coming until I raise my flag on a pile of cold dead corpses in Buckingham Palace.

14. Tani Coyote

I'll drink to that! :goodjob:

Nothing smells quite so good as a few (or many :mischief: ) roasted Tommies!

15. Captain2

Captain2 ಠ_ృ

After his great victory in Gibraltar Marshall Scamp got aboard the combined Atlantic-mediterranean fleet and set off for his next mission, while MEANWHILE

Marshall Cardgame began his campaign to push the Prussians back, taking Cleves from them and successfully giving the Prussians a black eye to match our own.

A month later Marshall Scamp succeeded in his goal of landing in the British isles and escaping Kan's merciless Royal Navy... Once the French navy had unloaded his troops and supplies he was reported turning to the sea and making an ungentlemanly salute

Taking Wales from the British as a base for future expansion, Princescamp recruited a couple of milita from the locals and advanced on London, visions of fire dancing in his head.

However Scamp found himself crossing swords with British General e350 who had come out to face this threat to his beloved national capital.

OOC: Introducing Guest General e350 as the British, playing against me via the drop-in option during the campaign

The battle starts out with both General e350's and Marshall Scamp's Forces on opposite sides of a river, initial assaults by the Brits seemingly evaporating during the crossing.

Meanwhile a sitzkrieg developed near the bridge with both sides having enough firepower to reduce any attack to nothing in a matter of minutes

A British offensive on the other crossing point was met with several volleys of musketfire as the defenders frantically tried to drive off the attackers. One after another the British fell, redcoats disappearing downstream but yet more rushed forward to replace their fallen comrades.

Scamp finally lost his nerve and committed his reserves to the skirmish, successfully driving the enemy back for the time being.

Seeing his enemy retreat back across the river, Scamp commits his reserves into a charge in hope of taking out the artillery pounding on his defenses, with the pressure relieved he ordered the cavalry to charge General e350 who was nearby

he obviously must have telegraphed this plan however as the General left the area and ordered several infantry divisions after the persuing cavalry, Scamp ordered a withdrawl and went back to his side of the river

Meanwhile on the bridge the British began a charge of the French defensive line who were caught unorganized and flat footed

However the French troops managed to rally themselves and mount a counter offensive that managed to take out the remaining British force defending the bridge, and slowly wiped the field clean of all British taint.

Princescamp was victorious and Emperor Napoleon was pleased so much that he made a mental note that once the army stopped being a drain on the economy a great monument would be erected.

While looking at London Marshall Scamp was unsure of his odds of victory, part of him wanted to return to wales and regroup his forces and the other part wanted to see London burn.

16. cardgame

cardgame Sensual Kitten

BURN IT TO THE GROUND! :D :devil:

17. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

I still bloodied you, remember that!

18. Maniacal

Nice battle :)

However, London shall burn!

Captain, how many troops are guarding London? If we can easily take them, then go ahead, if not then I need immediate reinforcements.

19. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I say that when we get there, we burn Aberdeen to the ground. :mischief:

20. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Just a passenger

Scamps Armee ist in England. Cardgames Armee ist in Westfalen. Napoleon ist beschäftigt. He has too much on his hands. Jetzt müssen wir angreifen! Now is the time to strike! Vorwärt Kameraden! Für Österreich!