Your opinion about Tibet?

What do you think Tibet belongs to

• It is its own country.

Votes: 77 49.7%
  • It is Chinese.

Votes: 53 34.2%
  • I don't care! Not like it makes much of a difference.

Votes: 18 11.6%
  • What are you talking about?

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
According to some Chinese, 60 million lives is a good price for economic 'progress'. Fill in the blanks.

Tibet is, in all regards, it's own nation. There's no reason China should have anything to do with them, outside of trade.

Tibet to all appearance seems to be part of China, I see no reason why it is its own country. It would be like asking if Hawaii is its own country.

Tibet to all appearance seems to be part of China, I see no reason why it is its own country. It would be like asking if Hawaii is its own country.

Hawaii should have a chance to form its own country, whether or not it choose independence, that's another question.

Bahamas is already independent, so maybe New Caledonia will follow.

I'm actually sick of Chinese apologists, they're de facto defending western colonialism.

They should try and become an Autonmous region like Hong Kong. But it's unlikely, Hong Kong makes more money so they don't wanna mess around with that.

Hawaii has a legitimate argument. More so than Texas...

Tibet should be free (as they want to), and Hawaii should be (if they wanted to).

Hawaii should have a chance to form its own country, whether or not it choose independence, that's another question.

Bahamas is already independent, so maybe New Caledonia will follow.

I'm actually sick of Chinese apologists, they're de facto defending western colonialism.
It is the difference between the right to choose independence and wether it is independence. I have never said that Tibet or anyone should be denied the right to self determinism.

What is this Chinese apologist thing you are writing? And why are they defending Western colonialism? China is a hodge podge of different nations and people conquered and given an identity, maybe it just has a longer history. China is colonialism formed, why give it a western slant. Your bitterness is blinding you to the obvious.

Tibet is chinese.

Can i ask to anyone who say it is Chinese land, why do you view Tibet as being Chinese?

Tibet is Chinese in the sense that now it is owned by China. But does it have its own distinct culture, history, and so forth? Most certainly.

Scotland is not part of England though, it's in a union with England, called the UK.

Tibet should be under their own rule or in a union with China by choice.

Tibet should be under their own rule or in a union with China by choice.

Probably the best idea. Tibet is so integrated with the Chinese economy that separation will be hard. The first act of an independent Tibet would be a full economic and monetary union with the PRC, which almost inevitably leads to political integration (especially since there's a large Han minority in Tibet), so an independent Tibet would likely be shortlived. Best not to complicate matters and give Tibet real autonomy within the PRC.

The Dalai Lama has stated in the past and present that he wishes Tibet to be united with China, but with political autonomy. Based on this, I think that since he is the spiritual and political leader of this 'nation' and people, we should respect his wishes and create an autonomous Tibet within China.

Can i ask to anyone who say it is Chinese land, why do you view Tibet as being Chinese?

Because might is right. The party who can kill 60 million people is very right.

Hawaii has a legitimate argument. More so than Texas...

Tibet should be free (as they want to), and Hawaii should be (if they wanted to).

Ever heard of the Civil War?

Yeah, we kinda solved the dispute over state secession from the Union -- it ain't happening, ever.

Ever heard of the Civil War?

Yeah, we kinda solved the dispute over state secession from the Union -- it ain't happening, ever.
It could happen again though probably not in the near future.

Anyway, since you're just an America lover I don't know how you could be so opposed to another nation's desire for independence from a tyrannical colonial force. :confused: Especially one that made the Redcoats look like Carebears.

It could happen again though probably not in the near future.

Anyway, since you're just an America lover I don't know how you could be so opposed to another nation's desire for independence from a tyrannical colonial force. :confused: Especially one that made the Redcoats look like Carebears.

If they want their freedom so much, why don't they all rise up in the manner that the Americans did in 1775? If out Forefathers could have risen up to defeat the most powerful nation on planet Earth, why can't Tibet rise up to defeat the second most powerful?

Should they fail, the terrible deaths that they would receive would further turn the world against China and cause terrible repercussions if exploited by shrewd politicians.

things you achieve by your death seem kind of moot to me...

And the Allied and Comintern troops who died to free Europe didn't achieve anything?

Top Bottom