1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your plans for your first post-September patch game

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Sep 4, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

What will your first post-patch game be? Map type? Civ? Goals for the game?

I don't yet have the achievement for capturing an ice hockey rink as Russia; I think I'll go for that on a tilted axis map. Not sure about other details or what victory condition I'll aim for.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm thinking Victoria Continents+Islands

Jkchart, RealHuhn and WillowBrook like this.
  3. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Not sure why but for me -- Kupe and his usual Maori inclinations for "Coastal" equilibrium patterns & other maritime concerns.. seems like a good choice along side one of the new maps context as long as Island(+) settings can be twisted enough for some worthy generic challenges.
    Also curious how those new Admirals would integrate for him or Indonesia/Norway as direct opponents in such conditions.

jozef57 and WillowBrook like this.
  4. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

England. Continents + Islands. Veterancy Card.

Then maybe. Dutch. Continents + Islands. Veterancy Card.

Then maybe. Phoenicia. Seven Seas. Veterancy Card.

You may see a pattern.

Deadly Dog likes this.
  5. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Terra map. Still working through some civs I haven't won with so probably...I dunno. Poland? :)

Elhoim likes this.
  6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Still need Indonesia and Victoria for HoF so...

RealHuhn likes this.
  7. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Indonesia. Science Victory/ Spain. Continents and Islands map. One city in home continent challenge.

8. KayAU

KayAU King

Probably Norway, maybe Indonesia. Continents and Islands, probably Science Victory. I might change my mind, though. I also would like to see if they do any direct tweaks to any civs before deciding.

I look forward to seeing how well an undiluted coastal approach, where I go for naval techs and building ships early, works after the patch.

Obviously, I will be looking towards maritime Wonders and Great Admirals. I always try to build the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in my games, that will be an even higher priority now. I suspect I might meet more competition from the AI on this after the patch.

9. Deadly Dog

Deadly Dog Warlord

Gitarja on continents and islands,
    Dido on some water heavy map idk yet,
    Japan, maybe on Primordial.
    Philip and Victoria on Terra.

Maori is going to be tempting but don't want to outshine my recent game with them, which didn't have Auckland but did come with Nan Madol

10. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Terra, of course.
    And probably Harald. Vinland or bust! :D

11. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Definitely Terra! Probably Japan with a fancy jersey. What are their jerseys anyway, is there a Hojo-colour one?

12. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Phoenicia
    Continents and Islands
    Huge
    Deity

13. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

On that note, I have no idea how it is with mods, but do they need to be updated for new patches? I'm only using the civ5-terrain mod and i dont want to miss it. :D

14. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I've been wanting to get an England game since their last set of changes, so trying them out with the new coastal bonuses on a continents and islands map makes sense. Although I'd also like an Eleanor game, but I think her bonuses would be more valuable on a more land-based pangaea-type map. So, hmm...

15. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

I’m really stoked about this patch. Between this one and the last one, I think finally a lot of stuff I’ve been wanting to play will finally be worthwhile. A lot of Civs that were just borderline are now going to be awesome.

The big change will be just the maps. Continents plus islands is awesome. But having just such a good range of maps is so much better too.

16. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Terra. Rome, as always, most probably.

acluewithout likes this.
  17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

My first post-patch "game" will be to merge the new UI changes to YnAMP's custom setup and custom WB screen.

Then my second "game" will be to check if it loads without further modifications, surely with their Terra Map to compare with mine.

If it doesn't load, my third "game" will be to merge the changes from the map generation files into the mod.

Fourth "game" will be about checking the bugs report section on steam/CFC to find out if they've silently broken or fixed something else, then I'll stop "playing" and wait for the next expansion announcement, as I don't think we'll get a new patch announcement before that.

18. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Terra / Large / Emperor / Random Civ

or Islands+Continents with a random Civ (knowing my luck, I'll proably get Georgia or Mongolia again)

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Still want to finish out my GS hall of fame civs I have yet to play. Around 20 of them. Not sure who yet. I'm actually playing WOW classic, but I'll try to squeeze in a game or two of civ6.

20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I think i'll probably end up using islands and continents more than any other map. So that and probably Phoenicia.

But I hope it's not for a few days, finishing my first Hungary game atm.