Your political compass

What was your result after taking the political compass questionnaire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
(-4.38, -1.85)

Last time, I was about (-9, -1).

On the PoliticsForum quiz:

Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you an individually-orientated, small-government, free-trade, absolutist, liberal-market kind of person.
You scored 20 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social. This means that politically you are less likely to value the need for group actions and group benefit over individual enterprise and benefit.
You scored 51 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate.
You scored 100 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.
You scored 53 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to favour international bodies over national ones.
You scored 100 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are more likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies.
You scored 25 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs.
You scored 100 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.
You scored 44 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to follow the philosophies of Marx.

No real surprises there, except for the Marxist one. I think it was the class struggle and historical/econimic laws questions that put me in the middle. I believe that there is a class struggle, but it's not between labor and capital. Also, I definitely think there are economic laws that are just as certain as the laws of natural science (though derived deductively rather than inductively), but Marxists are wrong about what those laws are.

Graph of the first 50 or so responses:

Attachments

• cfcotpc.JPG
    cfcotpc.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 201
I guess there are too many to start labeling them or arrange them by citizenship.

I'm surprised we don't get any more super-commies (-10,-10).

The link won't work for me. But I know I'm Economically centralist and Libertarian.

It's been said that us Libertarians think people are smarter then they really are, and perhaps some people are too irresponible for the freedom. However I'd consider that their own problem.

Look below please.

Wouldn't the super-commies be at -10,10?

I guess it depends on the super-commie that you are looking for.

CFC had some -10,-10s before.

Slavic: Flip the sign on the economic score, and you wouldn't be too bad.

I gave it a try and the results seem... random. (My views in paranthesis.)

Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you an individually-orientated, theist, small-government, non-absolutist, kind of person, who also seems quite Marxist.

You scored 36 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate. (Ok, that's just not true, I swear! No pun intended.)

16% of test takers were more theist than you.
83% of test takers were more materialist than you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You scored 69 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals. (Hurray, the first real one!)

73% of test takers were more big government than you.
26% of test takers were more small government than you

You scored 56 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to favour international bodies over national ones. (I woulda put myself more towards international, but this works!)

42% of test takers were more nationalist than you.
56% of test takers were more internationalist than you

You scored 44 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies. (I don't even get what this means! :p)

33% of test takers were more protectionist than you.
65% of test takers were more pro free trade than you

You scored 63 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs. (Don't know this either!)

70% of test takers were more absolutist than you.
26% of test takers were more non-absolutist than you

You scored 50 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry. (Hey, I would define myself as liberal!)

70% of test takers were more controlled market thinkers than you.
29% of test takers were more liberal market thinkers than you.

You scored 32 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist. This means that politically you are more likely to follow the philosophies of Marx.(What the hell???? Would anyone here who has seen me in OT describe me as Marxist?)

16% of test takers were more Marxist than you.
82% of test takers were more non-Marxist than you

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.97
I'm gonna call BS on this. There's no way I'm to the left of every current Democratic Presidential candidate.

I'm gonna call BS on this. There's no way I'm to the left of every current Democratic Presidential candidate.

I personally think the political compass got the presidential candidates all wrong.

Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you a socially-orientated, theist, big-government, internationalist, free-trade, controlled-market kind of person.

You scored 73 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social. This means that politically you are more likely to value the need for group actions and group benefit over individual enterprise and benefit.

You scored 33 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate.
Surprised by this. I didn't know I was such a strong believer. :lol:

You scored 36 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.

You scored 87 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are more likely to favour international bodies over national ones.
4% of test takers were more internationalist than you. I'm proud of this one :)

You scored 61 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are more likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies. Again, I was surprised by this, but I guess my internationalist views influenced towrds Free Trade. I believe Free Trade is beneficial. I just don't believe that we have Free Trade before all trade agreements and barriers are down.

You scored 19 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.

The others were about 50/50.

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Gandhi :rockon:

I'm surprised we don't get any more super-commies (-10,-10).

Super-commies are on the positive side of the social scale. Check out Stalin at around +8.5

I don't think -10 -10 would have leaders. It's extreme anarchism, which doesn't favour leaders much.

Super-commies are on the positive side of the social scale. Check out Stalin at around +8.5

I don't think -10 -10 would have leaders. It's extreme anarchism, which doesn't favour leaders much.

Why would a super commie be on the positive side? That's further away from commie ideals.

Actually, 10, -10 would be extreme Anarchy. ;)

Why would a super commie be on the positive side? That's further away from commie ideals.

Actually, 10, -10 would be extreme Anarchy. ;)

I think if history has learnt us anything, it is that commie ideas and commie practice are two very different things.
But don't take my word for it, look up Stalin and check it out yourself.

I don't agree with anarchists belonging on the right side of the economical axis, but I guess that's more a point-of-view matter than anything substansial.
I'd like to add, however, this from the same page: "on the extreme bottom left is voluntary collectivism at regional level, with no state involved. Hundreds of such anarchist communities exisited in Spain during the civil war period."

If you believe in state-funded schools or hospitals, Social Security, or international aid and trade, welcome to Marxism. ;)

Or you could say: welcome to Scandinavia ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom