Your Quickest War?

I don't see a reason why we shouldn't:
The question was: Your quickest war?
Not: What was your quickest war, where the enemy had more cities that you could conquer in one turn?

My war was a war like any other (except you believe the question to have been the second one).

Well, there was no objective criteria in the OP so technically anything goes. I was just assuming that people didn't war, then stop, then 1 turn it. The reason being that absolutely anyone playing an AI with techs to be had will milk them unless it hurts diplo too badly. It's extremely likely if you play 10-20 games that you'll run such a war at least once, therefore giving a 1 turn war (possibly two for non-mounted troops).

Not saying that's wrong per se' as criteria at all, just that it isn't meaningful. Of course, if we don't define a whole bunch of strict criteria then it won't be too meaningful anyway, so I guess the OP's criteria is the easiest :p.

The only reason I worded it the way I did above was that such a war did not occur to me upon thinking of the intent of the OP, and I imagined I wasn't alone...although possibly I was.

I just did one with the Chinese, about 5 turns.

But then I pressed the Windows key accidentally without saving for a while with Memsaver on... ARRRGHH

The only reason I worded it the way I did above was that such a war did not occur to me upon thinking of the intent of the OP, and I imagined I wasn't alone...although possibly I was.

You weren't alone. I was only imagining wars in which the AI had more or less original borders when I made my first post in this thread. OF COURSE I've conquered an AI Civ that had only one city left in 1 turn too. That's a given.

Indeed, I should have been more specific in the OP. I've done more than my share of the warrior rushes and a few early ax rushes. What I was going for with this thread is how do other players manage wars in the later eras (and especially at the higher difficulties) without just killing your economy and production?

The game I attached a save for was my last Prince level game. Since then I've played two monarch games. The first I won a cultural victory as Augustus Caesar, but the second I played as the Dutch and just had my tail handed to me on a broken platter after getting dog piled by Ragnar and Julius Caesar (Eh too, Julius?). Ironic since Rome and the Vikings are my favorites. I spent the entire game building nothing but units and vassalizing Elizabeth and her holy cities, only to find my economy in a shambles, not a single wonder or great person in my empire, and very powerful neighbors ready to take all that nice territory from me. I was largest by land area, but vunerable and it didn't take long for it all to crumble. (in 900 ad) Meanwhile Asoka is happily teching away....:rolleyes: About the only bright spot was I did manage to found Confucianism.

I have a lot to learn about war managment at this level, and was looking for a discussion on that beyond the earliest rushes.

err.. how about AI declear war on u , and drop every nuke on one of your frontier city, then AI himself surrounded because his power chart just dropped because of those nuke it used?

and it happened in one of my before patch BTS game....

Actually, come to think of it, I think my shortest war was when of my AI neighbors snuck attacked me with a giant stack. While watching the graphics, I realized I was about to lose my capital, with no chance of recovering, so I simply went to program manager and killed the BTS process.

just 1 turn, invade with a chariot on an enemy capital on settler level

bombers and paratroopers vs a pre-flight civ is utterly devastating.

Ik took 26 mongolian cities in 8 turns with just bombers and para's.
The WW had hardly kicked in yet.

My quickest war lasted one turn. It was very early in the game. I sent out a warrior to explore the terrain and along the way it fought and defeated 3 barbarian animals (mostly lions if I recall correctly).

The unit received two promotions for those "battles". I came across an Egyptian city and attacked. My warrior defeated the sole unit and pillaged and burned the city.

I then received a message saying that the Egyptian empire had been defeated.

Who needs an axe rush?... :)

Well I don't know if this counts as either one giant war or a bunch of sperate really small wars. I was playing Darius on Earth 34, and with my massive military I decided to invade Europe. Just about every civ in europe had one city (exceptions: Germany, Russia, Charlemagne). So I invaded each civ 1 at a time, and each war lasted from 1 to five turns with about 1-2 turns of peace between each one. So I can say my shortest war was against either the Dutch, the Spanish, or the Celtic, because each of those invasions lasted around a turn. While in total my entire invasion of Europe took around... lets say 15-20 turns on Epic (or marathon, don't remember, but probably epic).

Top Bottom