1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your silly habits

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Vorpal+5, May 15, 2020.

1. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

Do you have silly habits or things you just role-play in your game?

For me, it is to never ever have my privateers throw to the sea goods which are animals, like horses or whatnot. I'll always, even if I captured only 5 horses, bring them to a port... ;-)

2. Tugboatspotter

Tugboatspotter Warlord

I think my worst habit is that I always build a road after building an improvement on a tile when it will never be used.

I don't know why I do it. I always just want to leave a road wherever my pioneers have been. I guess I just like spaghetti roads.

3. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Civ4 has production bonus if there is a railroad on the plot. Technically we have that feature as well because Firaxis didn't remove it when they converted BTS to Colonization. However none of the routes have any production bonus set, meaning we aren't using it.

4. scottfreitas

scottfreitas Chieftain

I'm always too hard on the other Europeans. I typically play on a Gigantic map, so it's not like I couldn't let the poor dumb bastards piddle away meaninglessly inside their insignificant colonies while my gigantic trade and military empire grows to mammoth proportions. No, I typically have every native tribe in love with me (I always play the French, ALWAYS) and use them to viciously harass the other Europeans so much that they rarely achieve anything of note.

Sucks to be Spanish around me, tell you THAT much.

Ah, how many times have I watched various native tribes repeatedly raze Spanish colonies into becoming just deserted ruins... using, of course, all the horses and muskets I traded to them.

You'd think I could be nice to my fellow Euros at least ONCE, but... nah.

5. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

Ha yes, I'm hard too on the others colonies, even if there is a lot of room left for everyone (I'm playing too on Gigantic!).

As for roads, I do the same, but that's from a strategic POW ... I can use them when in my territory but the enemy can't, so strategic mobility ...

6. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Warlord Supporter

Considering that there are even two levels of roads, why is that so that none gives a bonus (or the absence of roads a malus) similar to Civ?

7. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Because nobody implemented it.

8. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

I take the view the bonus is that you are much faster! This is a big advantage. It does not need any further bonus.

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Warlord Supporter

True, units on the mapscreen do become faster travelling.

Units on the city screen however, performing their tasks on squares outside a city connected to the city by a lesser or greater road would logically then be able to travel faster too - which was the reason that e.g. in Civ there was a production bonus to squares with roads (or later railroads).. Which can mean a wide area if using the 2square-cities.

The other way it would work too - the absence of roads, where the wilderness begins at the city gates hindering harvesting or mining or transport of lumber, giving a malus to it

Just that all city squares harvest/production completely ignore the absence or level of roads seems strange, considering that everything else like the education of the worker or the level of the improvement built on the square or the revolutionary idealism in the city effects harvest/production.

10. XSamatan

XSamatan Chieftain

That's already covered by building improvements?
    Roads in Col are for military units, transports and individual units - all uses that require fast travel speed.