1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your site is about as clear as mud to use you should take notes from nexus!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CockNkocker, Dec 6, 2018.

1. CockNkocker

CockNkocker Chieftain

How on this sad excuse for a world do I FIND and DOWNLOAD mods for CIv 4? i've been at this for about 40 minutes now and I've gotten NO CLOSER to what I came for than I was when I started! I've been trying to find the so spoke of mod Bug or Bat or bugbat or bug/bat or turdnkocker or what the hell ever mod it is that my that my very untech savy friend is trying to get me to download. As I'm sure you can read I'm quite frustrated with this as it took me less than 10 minutes to figure out how to mod FO:NV yet i can't even find the mod he wants for this game! PLEASE HELP!!!

2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

3. CockNkocker

CockNkocker Chieftain

Leif Erikson, That you very much good sir! this conundrum was driving me BATty!!! also do I NEED the BTS version of the game and if so did I waste my money getting the normal version of civ IV or is BTS just more of a DLC?

4. leif erikson

Civ4 was developed in the days before dlc. Beyond the Sword is an expansion pack for Civilization IV.

The Civ4 series includes the vanilla version (Original game), Warlords (1st expansion) and Beyond the Sword (BtS - final expansion). You should get BtS and patch it to version 3.19. Then you can use BUG, BAT and /or BULL.

Info Center with additional links can be found here.

edit - you can play Civ4 by itself, you do not need BtS, however, iirc BUG series of mods are for BtS specifically.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    CockNkocker likes this.
  5. CockNkocker

CockNkocker Chieftain

thank you very much once again for the help Leif!

6. CockNkocker

CockNkocker Chieftain

so there's no mod that does the city outline thingy that bug gives without BTS?

7. leif erikson