Your troops are close to our borders

Scott Jegg

Warlord
Declare your inentions.

So now you even get this message if your troops are inside your own borders.. wtf?

Your troops can be inside your borders, but if you are amassing an army within 2 tiles of the border and the AI has units with extended vision that can see, they'll get nervous and prompt you to move or fight.

Though I wish I COULD TELL THE AI TO MOVE THEIR TROOPS OR DECLARE WAR. :mad:

Declare your inentions.

So now you even get this message if your troops are inside your own borders.. wtf?

If you're massing your troops close to AI borders, even if they are in your own territory, AI may ask you to declare your intentions.

It's possible to avoid it by not moving them within line of sight until you're about to attack, but it's a reasonable/smart programmed move for the AI to ask you about it if you park an army next to their borders.

It's also been in the game since Vanilla.

Your troops can be inside your borders, but if you are amassing an army within 2 tiles of the border and the AI has units with extended vision that can see, they'll get nervous and prompt you to move or fight.

seconded! would be really great if they implemented this option for us as well!

It's also been in the game since Vanilla.

I have never noticed this before for troops within my own borders!!

It's fairly annoying, as Sejong is lining up H'wachas, so I move some units onto the border to counter him, and I'M the one that has to declare war or commit to several turns of peace. All this as the swine is rapidly encroaching on all of my borders with new cities :mad:

You can, and they'll even promise to stop! :)
But they're lying :(.

Indeed, you need to be able to punish them somehow :(

I find invading their holy city and using your own missionaries and inquisitors tend to do the trick.

really, it´s 2 tiles now? I think it was 1 tile which has to be free. Remember pre-BNW-games where I amassed my armies with just 1 free tile between troops and border without anyone noticing.

This !!!

this sure bugs me too. i really wish fall patch would include human player option like this.

Yes, would be nice to have more situations where you can threaten the AI, or even just ask nicely for it to stop the offending behaviour.

Recently what bugged me was my best friend in the game staging a coup (and succeeding!) in one of my allied city states, and there was nothing I could do about it since I didn't want to denounce or DOW them.

I got hit with this BS last night. It was obvious that they were amassing for a blindside attack, so I started moving my defensive units into their best positions. Sure enough, they hit me up the next turn with this stupid demand.

actually I just got this message the SAME TURN after liberating Cusco from carthage. He proceeded to be guarded for the rest of the game.

Top Bottom