Your troops are too close!

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
I got a complaint from Gandhi that apparently my troops were too close, and then i checked to see since I didn't even know I had "army" there. It was this.... Ok, in all fairness that galley was closer.

Why does the AI even allow open borders and how far away should I go?

I think two tiles. You can usually make quick dips through AI territory, but going deep gives you trouble. But I'm pretty sure you'll get a boost for keeping your promise, so it's definitely worth that.

Usually it only takes 2 units. In your case you have 2 warriors close to him. One inside his territory, and one 2 tiles away (2 tiles it too close for the AI)

Of course the larger issues is why they declare this when you obviously have open borders.

Of course the larger issues is why they declare this when you obviously have open borders.

I'll defend this one a bit. It's really irritating to have someone sending troops through your territory even with open borders. It's not as bad as the Civ III days when they'd just park armies next to your cities and wait for you to ask them to leave, but open borders are a courtesy. I hate when the AI abuses it.

I think it's a bug when they declare it during alliances, friendships and open borders.

It's also a bug when they discover big groups of soldiers in middle of nowhere ie 10+ tiles from their lands and demand you remove your army.

It's obviously supposed to give the ai an additional turn to attack/defend from an organised intent to attack. Which is what the ai does.. it asks for open borders, moves all it's units "inside" your borders.. then declares war. Which incidentally is what Civ players used to do. They then had to add pushing all units outside of borders to stop these malicious exploiters.

So in essence.. if you want to complain about the ai making silly demands.. blame the players who forced the developers to add said silly demands.

Spoiler :
ie People like me :)

Top Bottom