Your two favorite Civs combine, what is the outcome?

Chekko

Warlord
Mix the leader bonuses, Civ bonuses or both. Balanced or overly OP. Your choice. My favorites overall are Gorgo and Seondeok.

Killing a unit provides Culture equal to 45% of its combat strength, 2.5% extra for each promotion the Governor in your capital has.

Gain a Wildcard slot for each Seowon that is adjacent to a natural wonder. Once per city and wonder. Max 3.

Last edited:
Give me KongoKhmer.
-Receive beliefs of all religions
-MBanza/TS gives free apostle
-HS bonus next to rivers. Aqueduct bonuses
-Temple with relic spots
-Martyr missionaries

Might not be the best civ, but I bet I could get a city to size 50 with all those bonuses.

Bull Moose Teddy + Founding Fathers + Maori Marae and Toa. Dramatic Ages for multiple golden age cards. SS for Owls and more cards and envoys too.

I would take that with any or all of the following maluses...malus's...mali?

No chopping
No CO2
No Campus

And it would still be OP.

John Curtin Citadel of Civilization+ Land Down Under along with Polder improvement + De Zeven Provincien UU. :D

Maybe not super strong but well synergized (I thought of it after the thread I did for exploration):

Victoria (Leader) + Spain (civ) = Continental powerhouse.

New continent =

+ Trade routes + more yields per intercontinental trade routes

+ Ships per royal dockyards + early armadas and fleets (easy to combine)

+Red coats = perfect to conquer cities on other continents for missions

Bull Moose Teddy + Pairidaeza. Insane Breathtaking tiles for days... :cool:

Teddy Bull Moose + Wilhelmina. Probably not the most OP one but with Teddy’s early boosts and Wilhelmina’s polders you’ll never fall behind. And with 30+ pop cities, you’ll probably dominate the endgame aswell.
The land you have been giving by the deities should be in your favor though.
Peter Russia + Teddy Bull Moose could be interesting as well. (Yes, the Bull is my favorite leader/civ. At least on deity)

Hmmm...

My current favorites:
[Byzantine] + [Mongolia]
- Bonus combat strength and religious strength per holy city.
- More combat strength from diplo visibility.
- Cavalry get bonus combat strength, can capture cavalry on kill and deal full damage to cities following one's religion.
- Spreads religion on kill.
- Can build Ordus in Encampments, which are Stable replacements that also gives +1 movement for all cavalry trained in this city.
- Can build Hippodromes, which are Entertainment Complex replacements that also gives additional amenities and gives a free heavy cavalry that's maintenance free when the Hippodrome or any of its buildings are constructed.
- Has Tagmas and Keshigs.
- +1 Great Prophet point from Holy Sites.

Horsing around at the speed of sound...

Hmm. On the hand, Workshop of the World plus the Hansa for the ultimate industrial builder...
but on the other hand, Meiji Restoration and Hansa for Uber adjacency...

I would find either of those quite fun, although there are certainly more OP combos out there. Cue some nonsense like Gallic mines + Terrace farms. (Or Montezume/Bolivar’s leader ability plus almost anyone.)

Hmm. On the hand, Workshop of the World plus the Hansa for the ultimate industrial builder...
but on the other hand, Meiji Restoration and Hansa for Uber adjacency...

I would find either of those quite fun, although there are certainly more OP combos out there. Cue some nonsense like Gallic mines + Terrace farms. (Or Montezume/Bolivar’s leader ability plus almost anyone.)

Best adjacency would probably be Australia's appeal bonus + Meiji for super districts.
Russia+Canada gives you very usable tundra tiles.
Macedon+Gaul gives you a ton of culture+science for building units. Or simply go Macedon+Colombia and destroy the world (although combine a number of warmongers for crazy bonuses)
Hungary+Sumeria gives you virtually free levying plus a bunch of other bonuses.

Hmmm...

My current favorites:
[Byzantine] + [Mongolia]
- Bonus combat strength and religious strength per holy city.
- More combat strength from diplo visibility.
- Cavalry get bonus combat strength, can capture cavalry on kill and deal full damage to cities following one's religion.
- Spreads religion on kill.
- Can build Ordus in Encampments, which are Stable replacements that also gives +1 movement for all cavalry trained in this city.
- Can build Hippodromes, which are Entertainment Complex replacements that also gives additional amenities and gives a free heavy cavalry that's maintenance free when the Hippodrome or any of its buildings are constructed.
- Has Tagmas and Keshigs.
- +1 Great Prophet point from Holy Sites.

Horsing around at the speed of sound...

Byzantium and Zulu could also be very synergistic. I mean what is better than free Tagmas? Getting free Tagma corps/armies when conquering a city with them.
Also early corps/armies with extra strenght can compete (or even outnumber) mogolias strength bonus.
Ikandas and Hippodromes are both cheap so you save loads of production building them. You can also go Hippo first instead of encampment (because you won't get Ordus bonus the other way around).
In case you need crossbow/bombard corps/armies at one point you can build them with the Ikanda bonus.
Its easier to keep loyalty in conquered cities. (Not a big deal anyway since you will steamroll cities so fast.)

Byzantium and Zulu could also be very synergistic. I mean what is better than free Tagmas? Getting free Tagma corps/armies when conquering a city with them.
Also early corps/armies with extra strenght can compete (or even outnumber) mogolias strength bonus.
Ikandas and Hippodromes are both cheap so you save loads of production building them. You can also go Hippo first instead of encampment (because you won't get Ordus bonus the other way around).
In case you need crossbow/bombard corps/armies at one point you can build them with the Ikanda bonus.
Its easier to keep loyalty in conquered cities. (Not a big deal anyway since you will steamroll cities so fast.)
Put the “Hippo” in “Hippodrome.”

The Greco-Russian Lavcropolis. Gain culture equal to the faith adjacency of the district, along with the ability to build both faith and culture buildings in the same district. Lock Dance of the Aurora and Work Ethic.

For sheer OP factor, Gaul + Nubia
--King of the Eburones ability for combat buffs, 20% culture on producing units.
--+50% production on producing ranged units, +1 culture and production on mines over strategics.
--Pitati Archers
--I think that's good enough really, but sure, I'll take an Oppidum.

I'd like to have +6-12 strength Pitatis roaming around in the Ancient Era.

For a more synergistic, fun combo: Egypt + Dutch
--Trade routes: International Trade Routes provide +1 culture and +4 gold
--15% production to districts on rivers. Rivers provide +2 adjacency.
--Maryanu Chariot Archer
--Polders

They don't synergize well at all, but Georgia and Phoenicia. Hide behind walls and run away when they fail. :p

Dido of Sumeria demonstrates for the class the meaning of "aggressive business practices".

Germany plus Greece (Athens) would be stuck in a kind of loop with respect to city states.

Top Bottom