You're invited to watch my RFC DoC Let's Play as England

Why didn't you use boat to move your settler to Scotland? It is faster.
Then, spreading of christianity is very important: cities with state religion build faster.
So, monastery and missionaries ASAP.
I prefer to settle Manchester than Newcastle: Manchester allows boats to move from North Sea to Irish Sea, very useful for your other target of sinking enemy boats.

At last forges are not so important for England, with all those woods to work.
Research is the key for English, so libraries.

Thanks, everyone, for the tips. If I play again as the English, I think I will be able to improve my early game. Unfortunately I wasn't able to win the UHV and I gave up.

However, I have completed the UHV as the Babylonians, which is pretty straightforward. Check out the Let's Play video:

I usually build London 1 spot lower, to give my middle city a bit more space ;) and if possible even snatch the land of the French below, when i go crazy cultural. As well the ability to have the delta plan later on cause of the lack of hills in the vicinity.

Thank you to those that take the time to create some "Let's Play" videos for Civ IV. Cant play while at work etc, so this is the next best thing. I really enjoy playing as the French and English, though I should probably branch out a bit more.

Thanks for watching. Here's my next UHV video as the Greeks. Apologies in advance for the crappy sound quality!

I highly recommend founding Corinth on the marble since it has access to an extra fish, and then Dyrrachium (core city with access to copper in the north). You need the copper to build Hoplites ASAP. Conquer Egypt with your starting units. You definitely don't want to let them get War Chariots or build 6 crappy cities 2 tiles away from Thebes.

It matters if Egypt went archers early, you can sometimes fail taking them if they have a couple archers and a few chariots. Bad rolls and it might be hard to even get in their capitol. Especially if you play monarch or higher,

It matters if Egypt went archers early, you can sometimes fail taking them if they have a couple archers and a few chariots. Bad rolls and it might be hard to even get in their capitol. Especially if you play monarch or higher,
Thats why I like to settle the second Greek city on the copper to the north. It allows you to instantly upgrade your two militia to Hoplite, giving you a total of 5 Hoplite to make sure Egypt is conquered.

Top Bottom