1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

You're not in Krasnodar any more Dorothy...

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by TsarAndreas, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Lord Roanino

Lord Roanino Chieftain

Signing defensive pacts helps as well

2. Caesar Augustus

Caesar Augustus Prince

A forced vassal is unlikely to go above pleased without spending a Great Statesman. Which is a way of saying, try to snag a couple of Great Statesmen, and don't waste them on anything silly. Make sure to break trade agreements with your target's enemies, and check up on who they hate regularly. One thing that can help is convincing them to adopt your state religion, or at least Secularism. And the Mutual Military Struggle is a nice benefit that can get you the last couple of points in a pinch. But really there aren't a lot of tricks and it can be a frustrating nut to crack. It's definitely the hardest part of their UHV, at least on lower difficulties where the AI shouldn't realistically be beating you to the moon or the bomb.

3. attemptwasmade

attemptwasmade Chieftain

Been trying to get a win on Emperor. 1912 comes around, all is dandy, had two statesmen stashed, 4 pleased/friendly vassals (Prussia, Mali, Turkey, Netherlands), then Prussia and Mali collapse, and the entire Eurasia declares war on me. Guess it's time for another attempt.

4. attemptwasmade

attemptwasmade Chieftain

Thoughts on ignoring Kiev/Ukraine in the beginning? I find that if I leave that area alone for a while, most of the barbs suicide on indy Kiev, and Samara has 2 iron. I think I ended up having to fight only two stacks of barbs that way.