YouTube Channel

Should we have a Community Youtube

• Version 2 (or something close to that)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lethiel

Streaming Col at https://www.twitch.tv/lethiel01
Do we want a dedicated YouTube Channel for the Mod?

I see 3 ways to do this:

1) Community run -> most debating, voting and work (also for the team) but also strongest content.
2) Run by one og two 'responsible' from com. -> Anyone can contribute with relevant videos. I can volunteer to admin this.
3) Everyone just uploads what he/she wants about the mod to their personal account. (no need for a dedicated mod channel)

I imagine we would upload about a dozen videos and would then be more or less 'done' (more rarely upload after that)

To be honest, I do not understand why YouTube videos for WTP need to be especially "administrated". :dunno:
After all, there are no intentions to earn any money with or for the mod.

If somebody wants to collect them in a "PlayList" that would be cool. :thumbsup:
If community however wants to organize YouTube content for WTP in some more efficient way, we would not mind of course.

We would already be really happy if members from community would simply create YouTube videos of the mod in any way it wants. :)
(So most likely it would be uploaded to their personal accounts.)

-----

Whatever you do, simply have fun. :cool:
(That is the only real "expectation" we have.)

Last edited:
Goody :thumbsup:
I uploaded my combat guide and an install guide yesterday for the game on a personal channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-uXjBgl-ZK0QY_ErLrQTAA
Feel free to suggest adjustments for the install guide in particular. I may upload a 2.0 in a higher resolution soon.
Saw both videos. Good tips about combat. However the microphone pops were distracting during the combat video and I heard a humming sound as well. The installation video was waaaay too blurry and I could
not see all the folder names :(. Also, video playback for both videos were maxed out at 480. Try making higher resolution videos so there is better visual, especially when there are folder names involved.

You should make a video for newbies. Like the top 10 changes between this mod and vanilla Civ4Col.

PS - Why isn't Windows activated? :)

Saw both videos. Good tips about combat. However the microphone pops were distracting during the combat video and I heard a humming sound as well. The installation video was waaaay too blurry and I could
not see all the folder names :(. Also, video playback for both videos were maxed out at 480. Try making higher resolution videos so there is better visual, especially when there are folder names involved.

Thank you for the feed back. I got a better mic after making the combat video. So that should be fixed already for next time.
It took aaages to upload these videos already but yes will look into the resolution problem as already stated.

You should make a video for newbies. Like the top 10 changes between this mod and vanilla Civ4Col.
Will do at some point :goodjob:

PS - Why isn't Windows activated? :)

Probably because no one ever activated it.

WTP is based on RaR which itself is based on TAC.
RaR already collected and integrated most of the big and successful (independent) mod components of other modders.

The list of changes compared to Vanilla is extremely long.
(It is a history of more than 10 years of modding ...)

If I even tried to list all changes in detail, it would be pages of documenation.
Thus I will try to summarize a bit.

By the way:
The most important new Game Concepts have been described in "Colopedia: Game Concepts"

Most importantly:
  • Gigantic Maps
  • 2-Plot-City Radius
  • Wild Animals and Pirate Ships
  • Church (and Church Demands) - similar to King
  • Learning by Doing (Experts, Becoming Free)
  • African and Native Slaves (also Fleeing, Revolting)
  • Many new European Nations and Native Nations
  • New Map Scripts, new Map Generation Options (Nation Placement and Randomizing) and many new Maps
  • Much More Yields, Goods, Terrains, Terrain Features and Bonus Ressources, Improvements, Professions and Buildings
  • Much more Ships and Land Units (Transports and Military)
  • Heavily Improved Screens (UI and Backgrounds)
  • More Road Types
  • Changes of Rules for Entering Peaks
  • Winds and Storms
  • Abandoning Cities possible
  • Many new Founding Fathers
  • Africa and Port Royal
  • Smuggling
  • Domestic Market
  • Game Concept Unrests
  • Game Concept and Yield Health
  • Game Concept and Yield Happiness
  • Game Concept and Yield Culture
  • Game Concept and Yield Blade Weapons
  • Custom House reintroduced
  • Automized Trade Route System
  • Many new Advisor Screens
  • New Game Options
  • New Victory Options
  • High Sea Fishing and Whaling
  • Growing Improvements
  • Bargaining with Natives
  • Livestock Breeding
  • Multiple Yields Produced per Profession (e.g Hunter or Butcher)
  • Multiple Yields Consumed per Profession (e.g. Gun Smith or Cloth Dyer)
  • Multiple Professions per Building
  • Rebuild of Tax System
  • Rebuild of Storage System
  • Rebuild of Overflow System
  • Rebuild of Missioning System
  • Rebuild of Immigration System
  • Rebuild of Education System
  • Rebuild of Price Correlaiton and European Prices System
  • Rebuild of Royal Expeditionary Forces System
  • Rebuild of War of Independence
  • Rebuild of Combat System (with new Combat Modifiers)
  • National Wonder Buildings
  • Entertainment (based on Culture)
  • Nation Specific Ship Names, General Names and Admiral Names
  • Capturing Land Units and Capturing Ships
  • Native Stealing Weapons and arming themselves
  • Option to pay for Native Lands when Settling next to Natives
  • Native Raids
  • Native Presents
  • Natives Proactively Trading
  • Canons in Citadels Bombarding Ships
  • Native Trade Posts
  • Shipwrecks on Water
  • Enhanced Goody System and more Goody Events
  • Monasteries and Forts
  • More Pioneer Actions (e.g. Drying Swamps and Reforrestation)
  • Python Event System with many new Python Events (about 100)
  • Achievement System with many new Achievements (about 100)
  • Many new DLL-Diplomacy Events (Native Mercenaries, European Wars, European Peace, Bishop, Noble, Pirates, Conquistadors, Rangers, Smugglers, African Slaves, Native War Prisoners, Criminals, Colonial Guards ...)
  • Enhanced Importants of Relations / Attitudes (for e.g. Tax Raises or DLL-Diplomacy Events)
  • More Traits and XML Trait settings
  • Uncounted Balancing Changes and AI Improvements
  • UnitArtStyles and Nation specific graphics
  • Being Able to change Yield of City Plot
  • Merging Treasures

Last edited:
That is an impressive list.

The RaR mod actually blew my mind when I first played it.

I had played the vanilla game briefly on release, and tried some of the mods, but it wasn't until many years later that I reinstalled with RaR and was amazed with what had been done with the game. It is by far my favorite mod for any game.

Hi guys,

Sorry for necroing this old thread. :sad:

Would any one of you be interested to create "Let's Plays" of WTP and put them on YouTube?
This would really help us a lot to get the mod a bit more known.

If yes, let us know. :thumbsup:
We could even give you internal development branches that could be previewed as "teasers" before release.

Best regards
ray

Hi guys,

Sorry for necroing this old thread. :sad:

Would any one of you be interested to create "Let's Plays" of WTP and put them on YouTube?
This would really help us a lot to get the mod a bit more known.

If yes, let us know. :thumbsup:
We could even give you internal development branches that could be previewed as "teasers" before release.

Best regards
ray

I think its already been done:

Unless you are thinking about something different.

I could record some videos, but:
1. my English is terrible))) and the video in Russian will be of interest only to Russian-speaking players.
2. Russian-speaking players are interested in multiplayer, but we have a stable desync error.

2. Russian-speaking players are interested in multiplayer, but we have a stable desync error.

I'm aware it not something you just fix as you don't know what causes the problem. But yes imo that desync bug should be the absolut no. 1 priority for the whole team to get fixed. Multiplayer is much (like 10 fold) better - and endless content for videos. Single player games as content dries out after a while. I'm pretty sure this game could have great multiplayer potential.

I'm pretty sure this game could have great multiplayer potential.
We all fully agree on that. :thumbsup:

I'm aware it not something you just fix as you don't know what causes the problem.
But yes imo that desync bug should be the absolut no. 1 priority for the whole team to get fixed.
See, it is like always a matter of skills, time and motivation. :(
If it was that easy, we would already have fixed it.

There are only very few people skilled enough to do it, but their time is also limited.
And those people also have "to earn their living" and "private lifes".

Personally I never play MP games and I have absolutely no experience considering analyzing and fixing MP OOS desyncs ... :dunno:
I do not even know how I could avoid them in my feature design and code the first place.

MP OOS desyncs are one of the big mysteries that are buried deep inside the game engine.
(In the DLL code we can not really debug them.)

----

We do what we can, but even our possibilities will at some points also reach their limits ... :sad:
The more skilled and motivated team members we have the more possibilities we have.

Last edited:
Did you record it and could you send us a link? :)

Recorded WTP streams are actually my favourite evening program ... :lol:
(Much better than Sky or Netflix or any other program to my opinion.)

Hi guys,

I still regularly meet people that say they never heard of our mod. :sad:
Just a few days ago I talked to somebody over at German CivForum who thought that after TAC the whole Civ4Col modding scene was dead ...

But how should those people know? :dunno:
When I look in YouTube there is hardly any video of us ...

Thus, if you really want to help:

Help us to get this mod known. :)
Maybe we will also find more modders then ...

Top Bottom