YouTube Music

I'm back from my trip and see someone has reserected this thread. Excellent.

My first band is an awesome band called Flogging Molly. They're and Irish-Folk-Punk band. I guess that would be what you would label them. No one else sounds like them.

Flogging Molly - The Likes of You Again. This one reminds me of friends lost and always reminds me to celebrate them in a positive way.

Flogging Molly - Selfish Man. They have some slower songs but this isn't one. :p This one is live whereas the other one had clips of some live stuff from different shows.

The most moving song on the most moving instrument in my opinion...

Bagpipes - Amazing Grace
. A piper played this at my friends gravesite recently on remembrance day. It was one of the most moving experiences moments of my life. I'm not religious at all but i've never consider the bagpipe version to be. I'm sure someone will disagree.

I used tot hink the next band was only alright until I seen em live. Now I love listening to them. I just recently seen them again aswell.

Casualties - Get Off My Back

I was in a melancholy mood night so pass this by if you're not up for mellow. Some nice slow ballads.

Landslide by Fleetwood Mac 3:52

Landslide remade by Smashing Pumpkins 3:02

Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell 2:37

Big Yellow Taxi remade by Counting Crowes 3:37

Because the night by Patti Smith 3:37

Because the night remade by Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs 3:42

For those you who haven't heard Rickie Lee sing I highly recommend listening. This ladies got soul.
Chuck E's in Love by Rickie Lee Jones 3:26

The Difficult Kind by Sheryl Crow with Sarah McLachlin 5:16

Stevenpfo said:
The most moving song on the most moving instrument in my opinion...
Wow. Gave me the shivers too.

Plotinus said:
I'll produce some "proper" stuff shortly, but in the meantime I loved this:

The Helsinki Complaints Choir
I don't know what you mean by "proper" stuff. It's all "proper" in my book.

But this was a priceless clip and piece of music. Thanks! :lol:

Time for a bit of Bo Diddley, another rock and roll pioneer. The first major figure in popular music to treat the percussion section as a real part of the band rather than just the timekeeper. His classic "shave and a haircut - two bits" rhythm is still heard all the time in modern R&B. Bo Diddley has spent much of his career being bitter and disheartened because it turned out that you can copyright a tune, and you can copyright lyrics, but you can't copyright a beat. All the same, no-one has ever sounded like Bo Diddley, partly because of the extraordinary way he plays the guitar. He learned the violin as a child and didn't know what to do with a guitar when he got one. As a child he also experimented by plucking a wire attached to the wall of his house - what they used to call a "diddley bow", hence the name (his real name is Elias McDaniel). He's never stopped experimenting - he built most of those strange-shaped guitars himself, including the famous rectangular one, and I believe he even made the first tremolo out of some parts from a car engine. Also, I think he's one of the best singers of the early rockers.

I once saw a clip of Bo Diddley performing Who Do You Love? on a huge stage in the 1970s. It was the purest, most distilled essence of rock and roll of all time. It made you want to jump up and down and set fire to things. Alas, it doesn't seem to be on YouTube. Perhaps that's just as well.

Bo in 1955. My mother thought that Buddy Holly wrote this song!

Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley

Bo in 1960. A shame the sound's not so great here and it's too short. But check out the footwork and the cool second guitarist! That's Peggy Jones, who met Bo Diddley when she was a teenager. Her first instrument was the ukelele, but he taught her to play the guitar in his style and she became known as "Lady Bo" - the name she still performs under. She was the first female lead guitarist to be hired by any major artist, apparently, and it was at the age of 17. She'd have been about 20 when this recording was made.

Road Runner - Bo Diddley

This must be from the same period (Lady Bo left his band in 1961 to form her own, although in later years she would often back him again). Have you ever seen a set of backing singers like these? The sound's rather thin again, but you certainly get a sense of the occasion. This is like Beatlemania five years early.

Hey, Bo Diddley! - Bo Diddley

Bo in 1970, as raucous as ever. But it's not the same without maracas. The tambourine player here is Cookie Vee, about whom I know nothing except that she normally sang second vocals and performed with him for many years. How the audience reactions have changed from ten years earlier...

Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley

ironduck said:
Good picks Whomp! :goodjob:
Thanks. :D
Where was Sheryl Crow when I was in my 20's? I'd let her sing to me all night.

Again many of you may not understand this but these were songs from a time when my life was a little more carefree. :D All of these songs have a crazy story attached to them but I won’t bore you with the details.

Since it’s weekend here we go! Rock on and dance more!! :dance:

A song that I think helped influence this thread.
Peter Tosh with a special guest Don’t look back 4:16

Early Stones Sympathy for the Devil 8:25
San Diego zoo..
Grateful Dead Not Fade Away 8:10

Rolling Stones Not Fade Away 2:43

:crazyeye:
B52’s Planet Claire 3:58
I want the guitarists t shirt.
Iggy Pop Real Wild Child 3:25

AC/DC Thunderstruck 4:44

Talking Heads Life During Wartime 5:25

Top Bottom