Yumbo Reserch Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbraun

Raytracing
Ok i cant take it anymore...

I have to figure out the secret of YUMBO!.

CT's obviously not going to help and i think all the beta testers are not either. So I propose a team to figure out the secret of Yumbo. Right now all we know is:

1. If you go to the very end of the credits it says YUMBO!
2. CT posted a pic showing Yumbo:

CT also mentioned that the stats have something to do with it. (Reason why its a powerful unit) BTW, Thats not her picture, nor mine.

Assumptions:
1. Yumbo is an acronym or Sids nickname.
2. The stats are a date. 8/6/77 or 8/6/07.
Elvis died on 8/16/77. So we might be on to something.
If you set your computer clock to Elivis Birthday instead of a king unit you get Elivis.
OR That is the date civ4 will come out...

Any help is welcome. I could also use a few more members so that when the Yumbo Reaserch Team figures YUMBO! out you'll be one of the few that get credit for it. (That is of course you contribute)

Current Members:
vbraun
Gogf

Just a Note: If youre the single person who figures it out you get the credit but if you used information gathered by the Yumbo Reaserch Team you then get half the credit.

Originally posted by vbraun

1. Before it says YUMBO! it says Thanks for Playing!!
So i think that it means Thanks for Playing YUMBO! Meaning Yumbo is a code name for C3C.

I disagree. I think the it just says Thanks for Playing because it is the credits, and then YUMBO is totally seperate with no connection whatsoever.

Okay, vbraun, I would like to join your team.

I just had a brilliant idea. Civ4 is in developement, and should come out in five or six years.

2. The stats are a date. 8/6/77 or 8/6/07 but I have no idea what these dates mean...

Civ4 must come out on 8/6/07 (June 8th, 2007, or if they have a different date configuration, August 6th, 2007)!

Originally posted by vbraun
Ok i cant take it anymore...

I have to figure out the secret of YUMBO!.

CT's obviously not going to help and i think all the beta testers are not either. So I propose a team to figure out the secret of Yumbo. Right now all we know is:

1. If you go to the very end of the credits it says YUMBO!
2. CT posted a pic showing Yumbo:

CT also mentioned that the stats have something to do with it. (Reason why its a powerful unit)

Ok time for my assumptions:
1. Before it says YUMBO! it says Thanks for Playing!!
So i think that it means Thanks for Playing YUMBO! Meaning Yumbo is a code name for C3C.
2. The stats are a date. 8/6/77 or 8/6/07 but I have no idea what these dates mean...

Any help is welcome. I could also use a few more members so that when the Yumbo Reaserch Team figures YUMBO! out you'll be one of the few that get credit for it. (That is of course you contribute)

Current Members:
vbraun

If that is date (and thats just a guess) but it could mean the date the Betatest ended.

Yumbo was Sid's nickname as a child. I remember reading that somewhere. I'll look for the source and post a link...

maybe that's sids birthday, i'm probably wrong but hey...one possibility narrowed down, i'm sure sid's b-day is common knowledge.

next post will be my 100th..........

The stats were in the original post by Chieftess earlier today.

Originally posted by ybbor maybe that's sids birthday, i'm probably wrong but hey...one possibility narrowed down, i'm sure sid's b-day is common knowledge.

We've got a track to follow here, all the more since someone remembered Sid was nicknamed Yumbo when he was a kid. Two informations to check !

I heard that YUMBO was a loose acronym for something that someone said at game company meetings...

Here I try to help ya a bit because that's just the type of person I am.;)

Extract the Jaimo files to some random folder. Click on some of the sound files, thier pretty funny. Especially the jimoeDeath one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom